Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used to offer us a lot more even when he wasn’t scoring, he would run channels and hold the ball up, it seems the last couple of years he’s been told to stay through the middle more.

To be fair if he ran a channel he’d be holding it up for about two mins waiting for support.

For a team with such height in forward and midfield areas we put very little a crosses from the wing, too much on the ground.

In a good midfield Bally netted 15 goals plus created loads more in his era ,but he was world class - Doucs is nearly 32 hrs old & that sums our midfield up - an injury prone player to support DCL or Beto in a long ball setup .. with very little pace in it - Garner being our best midfielder..
Not sure how to interpret this. My point is, an attacking mid who’s not really an attacking mid and has the first touch of a drunken horse has 6 goals in a side that apparently cannot create. However, our striker can’t find the net for the life of him and has half as many. While I agree Dom doesn’t get exceptional service, we need to stop making excuses for him and start expecting better, particularly when the closest thing he has to a strike partner set up wise is still somehow able to produce at twice the rate

Not sure how to interpret this. My point is, an attacking mid who’s not really an attacking mid and has the first touch of a drunken horse has 6 goals in a side that apparently cannot create. However, our striker can’t find the net for the life of him and has half as many. While I agree Dom doesn’t get exceptional service, we need to stop making excuses for him and start expecting better, particularly when the closest thing he has to a strike partner set up wise is still somehow able to produce at twice the rate
All strikers miss chances unless they are the uber-freaks like Messi or Ronaldo, but he really should have at least 3 more goals to his name. I don't think anyone is denying he's ballsed up gilt edge chances.

Edit: forgot to say, he'd be on 70 for the season for City tho.

All strikers miss chances unless they are the uber-freaks like Messi or Ronaldo, but he really should have at least 3 more goals to his name. I don't think anyone is denying he's ballsed up gilt edge chances.

Edit: forgot to say, he'd be on 70 for the season for City tho.
Of course everyone misses chances. It’s more this piece that I think we all just need to admit is the reality. Dom has a fan club that seems intent on just making excuses. I’m also not going to see he isn’t the best option we have. He is, but with that comes a level of expectation. Going 3 months without a goal while starting pretty much every game is pathetic no matter who you are.

If that didn't happen this thread would die.

It's what 80% are here for.

Seems that way. Ive stayed out of the comments for a while and just read them. But its gone silly that some cant address the elephant in the room. A striker that doesnt score.
Desperate for him to get one tomorrow. Saturday, whenever. The club. Any club. Needs a forward to bag a few.

Beto missed 2 chances in a 442 - I reiterate DCL should have scored his misses - but one cance a game for any striker when the midfield is 20 metres away for support,and going for long ball tactics ..

He used to offer us a lot more even when he wasn’t scoring, he would run channels and hold the ball up, it seems the last couple of years he’s been told to stay through the middle more.

To be fair if he ran a channel he’d be holding it up for about two mins waiting for support.

For a team with such height in forward and midfield areas we put very little a crosses from the wing, too much on the ground.
Yep.,"We play it on the carpet, we play it in the air, which ever way we play it we play it on the carpet" Adidas need to build a boot for us with an integrated sand wedge built in😅 Beto would thrive then👌

Beto missed 2 chances in a 442 - I reiterate DCL should have scored his misses - but one cance a game for any striker when the midfield is 20 metres away for support,and going for long ball tactics ..
I still can’t tell what point you’re making in the context of the back and forth here. No one is advocating for Beto here as far as I can tell.

A lot of back and forth…he needs to play better and score goals, there’s no one better behind him and no one is coming in.

we hoof when he want it to his feet then don’t when he doesn’t

he needs the service IE support we know he can hold it up but we don’t have runners

except doucs

dyche has gotta change something amd
fast

come on dom your our only hope

we hoof when he want it to his feet then don’t when he doesn’t

he needs the service IE support we know he can hold it up but we don’t have runners

except doucs

dyche has gotta change something amd
fast

come on dom your our only hope
If we were scoring goals without him, or if he’s just gone a few games without a goal, I’d offer excuses. But there’s just too much ineptitude to blame it on anyone but him.

And at the same time, we need him to figure it out.

If we were scoring goals without him, or if he’s just gone a few games without a goal, I’d offer excuses. But there’s just too much ineptitude to blame it on anyone but him.

And at the same time, we need him to figure it out.

his confidence is shot t f.

a on form dom is a handful and is what we need

but the service is none existent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back