2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Denying what? I'm telling you why Dyche persisted with Keane last season - he wanted a settled back four/stability at the back and Mina had hamstrings made of tofu mate.

You wanted us to keep Mina and Coady this summer - if we did that, Branthwaite wouldn't have had the route to the team Dyche gave him. Your beloved Mina who went to Fiorentina in the summer played about 2 games because of injury and before being moved on to the mighty Cagliari.

A reminder too that we were 19th and widely condemned and accepted as "down" without Keane playing a single minute last season.

Dyche clearly knows how to have a team defend well - he had Michael Keane in the form of his life at Burnley when we paid the fee we did - which fans were over the moon with at the time. He also has us defending really well this season - so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt.

you have a habit of doing this, going off subject on the original point to to verify what you are saying.

lets rewind back, the OP said "why would dyche continue picking DCL if it was a threat to his job"

my reply was, he did it last season with Keane, did he or did he not? ( he did ) if keane would have started the last few games of last season we would have went down without a shadow of doubt, so regardless on whether mina was trusted because of his injury past, or if dyche wanted to keep the same defence, mina came in and we picked up points INSTANTLY.

what mina has done since leaving everton has absolutely no relevance to what's being discussed.

in hindsight yes, not signing coady or mina was a good thing, again not relevant though.

Indeed, given our league position it's about the here and now.

I think Calvert-Lewin gives us a better chance of getting points than Beto.

What informs that opinion is I've seen Calvert-Lewin score goals at this level. Whatever you/anyone else says, that counts big time right now.

In 563 minutes of Prem football, I've saw Beto score one goal in a game that was already over, and he just ran in straight line.

If we're 12th, as we should be, I say give Beto an extended run to see if there is any composure/wider strength to his game than just being a bettering ram.

We're 18th though.

The argument about betos goal there is that if that had been calvert lewin, belittling the goal wouldnt come into it.
Ive not been impressed with beto.
But calvert lewin needs to up his game. Not only goals but his whole demeanour. Maybe part of that is he doesnt have to fight enough to have the shirt taken off him. Because at most clubs he would have by now.

you have a habit of doing this, going off subject on the original point to to verify what you are saying.

lets rewind back, the OP said "why would dyche continue picking DCL if it was a threat to his job"

my reply was, he did it last season with Keane, did he or did he not? ( he did ) if keane would have started the last few games of last season we would have went down without a shadow of doubt, so regardless on whether mina was trusted because of his injury past, or if dyche wanted to keep the same defence, mina came in and we picked up points INSTANTLY.

what mina has done since leaving everton has absolutely no relevance to what's being discussed.

in hindsight yes, not signing coady or mina was a good thing, again not relevant though.

You're crying that Dyche is showing favouritism to Calvert-Lewin, using Keane as the example of such favouritism. You asked why he persisted with Keane last season, and I've told you. He wanted a settled back four and Mina's fitness couldn't be relied upon. It's that simple.

Also, just on this;

Why did dyche risk his job by picking Keane every week who was on a one man mission to relegate us making mistakes every single game?

Your argument is terrible here

I also make the point that we were 19th after 20 games in late Jan, and wrote off as relegated without Keane playing a single minute last season. This was us without Keane playing 1 second;

1707755473346.png

So maybe we were just crap mate.

What I've said you consider, is all considered, factoring in this season - that Dyche knows how to setup a team to defend well so perhaps give him benefit of doubt.

I also suggest that Dyche isn't playing favourites as you say, and just thinks Calvert-Lewin is better than Beto and Calvert-Lewin gives his team who should be sitting midtable a better chance of picking up points.

You are literally doing this by creating the false equivalence between Keane and DCL. What does Keane have to do with DCL? Nothing. There's no relation, no pattern of behavior, nothing. He trusted (wrongly) Keane because of his experience with him. He does not have that experience with either DCL or Beto.

The argument about betos goal there is that if that had been calvert lewin, belittling the goal wouldnt come into it.
Ive not been impressed with beto.
But calvert lewin needs to up his game. Not only goals but his whole demeanour. Maybe part of that is he doesnt have to fight enough to have the shirt taken off him. Because at most clubs he would have by now.

It's not about belittling a goal, but recognising a goal scored in the 96th minute when you're 2-0 up in the last minute of a game is a goal that isn't available to score in most games. The game had gone.

It's all about who improves us the most - the argument for Beto seems to be that Calvert-Lewin has been so bad which says a lot, really.

It's not about belittling a goal, but recognising a goal scored in the 96th minute when you're 2-0 up in the last minute of a game is a goal that isn't available to score in most games. The game had gone.

It's all about who improves us the most - the argument for Beto seems to be that Calvert-Lewin has been so bad which says a lot, really.

Equally Calvert Lewin doesn’t score that goal in a million years.

Equally Calvert Lewin doesn’t score that goal in a million years.

Correct. So let's keep him where suits him as Ancelotti did and wait for the crosses from full backs and wingers, through balls from midfield.

Ah balls.

Guess it's back to this then;

He's playing with his back to goal, with no support, or runners. We're asking him to come deep/build play. Often, he does it well - certainly better than Beto.

We're a graveyard for centre forwards and will be until we find some pace and creativity.

You're crying that Dyche is showing favouritism to Calvert-Lewin, using Keane as the example of such favouritism. You asked why he persisted with Keane last season, and I've told you. He wanted a settled back four and Mina's fitness couldn't be relied upon. It's that simple.

Also, just on this;

I also make the point that we were 19th after 20 games in late Jan, and wrote off as relegated without Keane playing a single minute last season. This was us without Keane playing 1 second;

View attachment 245733

So maybe we were just crap mate.

What I've said you consider, is all considered, factoring in this season - that Dyche knows how to setup a team to defend well so perhaps give him benefit of doubt.

I also suggest that Dyche isn't playing favourites as you say, and just thinks Calvert-Lewin is better than Beto and Calvert-Lewin gives his team who should be sitting midtable a better chance of picking up points.

mate, with respect i dont know what on earth you are going on about.

I'll say it again, my only point was that dyche has shown he continues to pick people who are massively out of form ( DCL now, and my reference was Keane last season )

your pulling up tables from when he arrived to try and prove a point as to why keane started?

lets look at facts if you want to get into it.

under dyche last season

yerry mina
4 starts
2 wins
1 draw
1 loss ( vs city )

5 goals conceded ( 3 against city )

Michael Keane
11 starts
ONE win
6 draws
4 losses

21 goals conceded.

forget injuries, and keeping a settled defence, those stats do not lie, michael keane was going to relegate us and the fact you are trying to justify his selection is as crazy are you trying to justify him selecting dcl.

both keane and DCL were/are massively out of form, regardless of the reasons dyche keeps picking them, he's wrong.

You are literally doing this by creating the false equivalence between Keane and DCL. What does Keane have to do with DCL? Nothing. There's no relation, no pattern of behavior, nothing. He trusted (wrongly) Keane because of his experience with him. He does not have that experience with either DCL or Beto.

YOU SAID DYCHE WOULDNT RISK HIS JOB PLAYING DCL OUT OF LOYALTY AND RISK LOSING HIS JOB

I POINTED OUT, HE QUITE CLEARLY DONE THIS LAST SEASON BY PICKING MICHAEL KEANE FOR A MASSIVE RUN OF GAMES IN WHICH WE WAS COSTING US EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

how hard is that to understand?????????????????????????????????????????????????

mate, with respect i dont know what on earth you are going on about.

I'll say it again, my only point was that dyche has shown he continues to pick people who are massively out of form ( DCL now, and my reference was Keane last season )

your pulling up tables from when he arrived to try and prove a point as to why keane started?

lets look at facts if you want to get into it.

under dyche last season

yerry mina
4 starts
2 wins
1 draw
1 loss ( vs city )

5 goals conceded ( 3 against city )

Michael Keane
11 starts
ONE win
6 draws
4 losses

21 goals conceded.

forget injuries, and keeping a settled defence, those stats do not lie, michael keane was going to relegate us and the fact you are trying to justify his selection is as crazy are you trying to justify him selecting dcl.

both keane and DCL were/are massively out of form, regardless of the reasons dyche keeps picking them, he's wrong.

Take the tinfoil hat off - Dyche picks players he thinks will give him the best chance of picking up results. It's really that simple.

To be waffling on about him picking Michael Keane as somesort of proof that he's biased for picking Calvert-Lewin is bizarre.

He thinks Calvert-Lewin is better than Beto.

Just like he thought Branthwaite was better than Mina and Coady.

Take the tinfoil hat off - Dyche picks players he thinks will give him the best chance of picking up results. It's really that simple.

To be waffling on about him picking Michael Keane as somesort of proof that he's biased for picking Calvert-Lewin is bizarre.
jesus christ you are just typing random things that haven't even been said now.

just leave it at that mate, you're happy for him to continue to pick a striker who doesnt score, assist, run much, win headers, create chances, i'd like to see something different.

that's fine.

So you're saying Dyche should be playing Beto, or Chermiti before Calvert-Lewin?

Fair enough.

As I said earlier, personally - considering our perilous league position, I go for a player who has shown they can score goals at this level over a completely unproven Chermiti, and wildcard in Beto.

I also don't think dropping him and taking him out helps his confidence or form either - only scoring goals will do that.
For the first bolded bit, yes, for a few games anyway.

For second bolded bit, he's not scoring goals, though, so I guess it is a vicious circle. I would take him out of the team, maybe bring him on for the last 20 mins of games when the opposition are tired, as I think he will benefit from not being under the microscope for a bit. I may be wrong, maybe he'll bag a couple against Palace, I'm sure we all hope he does.

jesus christ you are just typing random things that haven't even been said now.

just leave it at that mate, you're happy for him to continue to pick a striker who doesnt score, assist, run much, win headers, create chances, i'd like to see something different.

that's fine.

You're the one who keeps saying to start Michael Keane upfront fella.