2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit weary on this... there's nothing to suggest is he anywhere near his old form. Hopefully we surround him with players who compliment his game but we will see. Hope it works out for all involved.

In terms of our big 4 saleable assets, him and Pickford are the two I’d fear losing most. Onana who’s arsed really, and Branthwaite will be tricky but I’m convinced we can get someone of a very good standard to replace him. Our record buying strikers however is abysmal.

A new connie for him is a must for us for quite a few reasons:

1. He's entering his final year and when firing is a £30+ million striker. He's over his injury troubles and already looked great in quite a few games last season in a very, very poor attacking outfit.
3. We have 3 strikers, 1 of which, Beto, is absolutely poo, another, Chermiti, is very young and nowhere near up to the task, leaving Dominic as the only other option.
4. Referring to #3 above, selling him now wouldn't get us enough money to bring in a better striker.
5. He is the perfect fit for Dyche's system, and even if Dyche wasn't here has proven he's adaptable in other systems, like under Carlo.

Give him a three-year deal with a marginal increase of 10%.

Put it this way, if he rejects the contract and we sell for £5-10m, we're getting relegated barring some hugely unexpected financial windfall from new cash-rich owners.

It's the only thing we can do in this position, it would have been ridiculous had we not offered him a new deal.

If he accepts, we've got a very good player, who's hopefully seen the worst of his injury troubles.

If he rejects we know where we stand. It's sell to raise money or retain and use for a year before he leaves on a free.

I'm hoping he signs.

Obviously if Newcastle fancy coming in for him if he doesn't want to sign, we'd do well to accept Wilson plus a bit of cash in part exchange, or just Wilson. And he'd score plenty for us imo. Still rather have DC.

He may as well sign a new deal and get a bump for himself, doesn't mean we wouldn't sell him anyway, lets be honest.

If his agent has sense this will drag on, with the threat of a free transfer hanging over us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back