2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already on far more money than he's worth to a serious club, but Everton isn't a serious club.

Pay him.

he's basically got the best bargaining position

give me 50k more every week and i stay and you don't need to worry about this position for a while as long as i remain fit or don't and waste more money signing donkeys like Beto

Let’s have it right he’s been injured for about 3 years but when he is fit he’s brilliant at leading the line for us, he may not get 30 goals a season, I doubt he ever will, but his ten plus goals a year, his penalty taking, his heading and running which always drags players out of position is important.

What he has to remember is Newcastle although they finished much higher than us actually didn’t achieve anything last year other than going out of the champs league at the first hurdle. Hopefully Everton can say tk him we want to keep you, Jarad, and add some more quality and then you will be leading us out to Bramley Moore.

So then all we have to do is get a striker who will run his socks off and score 5 or 6 goals.
Hardly essential.
Is it? How many others do we have that can actually do that? Why pay money to find one if we have him right here, already knowing the league (which people here have a massive hard on for) and Dyche and the setup.

If we get a new striker he'll be hounded out as he'll be on 0 goals until February. DCL is okay to run himself ragged and contest dead balls and catch all the flak, no one new will want to do that.

wasn’t there a rumour on the peoples forum that he was leaving? Could this be a situation where EFC come out with “we offered him what we could” and DCL “they didn’t give me what I wanted and Newcastle did and I’m ambitious”

Big day tomorrow for the club and also a lot of ITKs!

Just as he gets his own song!!!

wasn’t there a rumour on the peoples forum that he was leaving? Could this be a situation where EFC come out with “we offered him what we could” and DCL “they didn’t give me what I wanted and Newcastle did and I’m ambitious”

Big day tomorrow for the club and also a lot of ITKs!

Just as he gets his own song!!!
Why tomorrow? June starts on Saturday.

Let’s have it right he’s been injured for about 3 years but when he is fit he’s brilliant at leading the line for us, he may not get 30 goals a season, I doubt he ever will, but his ten plus goals a year, his penalty taking, his heading and running which always drags players out of position is important.

What he has to remember is Newcastle although they finished much higher than us actually didn’t achieve anything last year other than going out of the champs league at the first hurdle. Hopefully Everton can say tk him we want to keep you, Jarad, and add some more quality and then you will be leading us out to Bramley Moore.
Zero point going to Newcastle this season. Same for Branthwaite. They aren’t in Europe and actually only got 12 more points than us.

Is it? How many others do we have that can actually do that? Why pay money to find one if we have him right here, already knowing the league (which people here have a massive hard on for) and Dyche and the setup.

If we get a new striker he'll be hounded out as he'll be on 0 goals until February. DCL is okay to run himself ragged and contest dead balls and catch all the flak, no one new will want to do that.

thats just your opinion. If he has 5 or 6 from open play he will have already scored more than calvert lewin who played all of last season. But you would like to think that 6 months without a goal was a one off.
Personally i dont think it will be that hard to replace him. Esp goals wise. if we bought a striker who couldnt get more than 5 or 6 all season then we really should cease to exist as a club.
Even beto got 3 and he only started 9 games. Meteta got 16 goals last year and cost 9m.
The club needs to up its game in recruiting. Now thats a different matter all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back