2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont have the money to replace him!

In the term of the next 2 or 3 seasons, i would say its more valuable to offer him the extra 10-15k a week he is asking for than commit to selling him for a cut down fee with a year left on his contract

We dont have the money to replace him!

In the term of the next 2 or 3 seasons, i would say its more valuable to offer him the extra 10-15k a week he is asking for than commit to selling him for a cut down fee with a year left on his contract

….he’ll get a lot more than an extra £10k-£15k per week if he leaves after his contract expires.

….he’ll get a lot more than an extra £10k-£15k per week if he leaves after his contract expires.
Suppose it’s a gamble for him too. Does he trust his body. If he breaks down with one of his recent injuries recurring say in September, terrible for us either way, but a disaster for his next contract and destination. He’ll never go short of cash, but IF he likes it here, and his missus is happy, a lot to be said for locking in 3 years of a guaranteed 20% pay rise. I wouldn’t blame him either way really. The way he has been talking, he certainly sounds like he is aiming high again.

He started 6 games.
Its a valid point that away from hodgson he blossomed.
Was available but not starting. I think most of us have seen Mateta play, he isn't even close to being as good as DCL.

Until we bring some creativity into the team then every striker will struggle to score for Everton. In the circumstances I think DCL does well.

Well so much for signing a new striker. The only way I see that happening is if DCL gets sold. Unless Chermiti really develops I can see us having the same struggles unfortunately.
IF we dont add creativity to the side, yes, we will have the same struggles.

This isnt about the lack of service DCL gets, this isnt even to defend DCL, but we need a creative player in the side, ideally we could do with a "winger" with pace and something that now seems a dream, a fullback or 2 who can swing in a proper ball.

No doubt the DCL haters will consider this as a defence of DCL, but no matter who our Striker is next season, I feel we lack the above.

Was available but not starting. I think most of us have seen Mateta play, he isn't even close to being as good as DCL.

Until we bring some creativity into the team then every striker will struggle to score for Everton. In the circumstances I think DCL does well.

He's a better finisher. But then i dont think calvert lewin is a good finisher. All round offering to a team? Thats different. Ive stated my view on that a lot. He needs to show up more through the season. Not a few games at the end of it.
I agree and disagree in parts with the other bit. Could be more creative but there were quite a few games last season chances were created and we were woeful at finishing them. 5 goals from open play for a striker is miserable. You cant polish that up. Esp when teams below us had strikers who scored double and triple that.
I dont think the clubs gona collapse without him. It might collapse because we're skint.

Based on what the club has been promoting across all platforms, it looks like they want to keep DCL, Captain Coleman, Tarkowski and Pickford as the core of the team. Branthwaite is being lightly promoted with a best of video, which could go either way, as a celebration or an advertisement via highlight reel. There's been nothing about Onana, and it's well known that he wants to go to a top European side.

I think it's a safe bet that DCL stays, Onana goes, and Branthwaite could go, but only for the right money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back