2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team xG is actually higher under Dyche than it ever was under Carlo. I just think DCL back then was a pre injury DCL and had loads more confidence in himself than he does now sadly.

Possibly. He had poor seasons before his good season in lockdown. He only scored 6 in 2019. But seeing as everyone bangs on about service. I just recall how good digne was the season he had a good one. Then amazingly driven out by benitez.

IF we dont add creativity to the side, yes, we will have the same struggles.

This isnt about the lack of service DCL gets, this isnt even to defend DCL, but we need a creative player in the side, ideally we could do with a "winger" with pace and something that now seems a dream, a fullback or 2 who can swing in a proper ball.

No doubt the DCL haters will consider this as a defence of DCL, but no matter who our Striker is next season, I feel we lack the above.
As you may be aware, I personally think DCL is good at a lot of things but just not a good finisher, BUT I respect your commitment to him.

Id love to think we could grab a couple of wingers and a fullback and solve it, would be awesome, but I dont see it myself. I think McNeil showed he can play in that creative role in place of Doucoure, but then we need yet another winger, and I still dont have confident in our strikers to finish chances.

As you may be aware, I personally think DCL is good at a lot of things but just not a good finisher, BUT I respect your commitment to him.

Id love to think we could grab a couple of wingers and a fullback and solve it, would be awesome, but I dont see it myself. I think McNeil showed he can play in that creative role in place of Doucoure, but then we need yet another winger, and I still dont have confident in our strikers to finish chances.
If we had Haaland up top I would still want more creativity.

…..as I posted, I’d have been very surprised if the club had not already spoken to him about a new deal.

I don’t blame him in the least for taking that position but if stalemate continues into the summer then we have to try and move him on whilst his stock is relatively high.

There is, of course, the possibility that he’s just running down his contract and the additional concern is Thelwell’s record on signing effective strikers.

This cant be true?

Ive heard his worth can only be measured by the goals he scores and goals that other players in more attacking teams score?

Are you saying that his overall game is more valuable than any goal he may or may not score?

Some people will NOT like this.
I don't understand your post, what I am saying is as well as scoring some goals he has an added bonus in as much as he is good at clearing away opposing corners. What people would NOT like this. I have heard nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back