2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The problem I have with Dom is that for about 3 years he has had injury after injury and Everton have nursed him back to fitness. He’s 27 and some would argue it’s now or never for him. However, he isn’t clinical, he’s never going to get anyone more than 15-20 goals a season and I think he owes Everton more than, I’m off or I’m not signing a new contract.

The problem is he isn’t good enough for any top 6 club. He is generally injury prone, and the only other teams that would go for him in the Prem are the fringe teams such as Villa, Newcastle, West Ham. He would probably do a job for those teams but surely he looks at us in comparison to them and thinks ‘if this takeover goes ahead then maybe the club are on the up, especially with the stadium’. I have a horrible feeling he leaves us and regrets it. Especially if he goes to a Newcastle because let’s have it right, he’s on the bench for most games if Isak stays and is fit.

The problem I have with Dom is that for about 3 years he has had injury after injury and Everton have nursed him back to fitness. He’s 27 and some would argue it’s now or never for him. However, he isn’t clinical, he’s never going to get anyone more than 15-20 goals a season and I think he owes Everton more than, I’m off or I’m not signing a new contract.

The problem is he isn’t good enough for any top 6 club. He is generally injury prone, and the only other teams that would go for him in the Prem are the fringe teams such as Villa, Newcastle, West Ham. He would probably do a job for those teams but surely he looks at us in comparison to them and thinks ‘if this takeover goes ahead then maybe the club are on the up, especially with the stadium’. I have a horrible feeling he leaves us and regrets it. Especially if he goes to a Newcastle because let’s have it right, he’s on the bench for most games if Isak stays and is fit.
Villa finished 4th I think

Aye it’s not as if his own fans was abusing him for getting subbed through a trifling matter as a broken cheekbone mate. Play on!

tbf, I've spoken about this before and at the time I just don't reckon the majority if fans had seen what had happened to him. They see him go down and are just like ffs not another injury.

It reminds me of the time when my good mate Terry Golazzio broke both of his legs in the Gola Sunday Tuebrook District League. The boos he got because he refused to roll off the pitch to receive medical attention....in hindsight it was a bit harsh. But there was only 2 minutes of the game to go and Bobby's Brown Shoes FC were 3 up and it was to win the title. Had to wait 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive and game got postponed. Lost the replay 8-1 and Terry was never the same again as he had one leg massively shorter than the other.

None of the above actually happened (except for the bit where DCL got his cheekbone smashed)

tbf, I've spoken about this before and at the time I just don't reckon the majority if fans had seen what had happened to him. They see him go down and are just like ffs not another injury.

It reminds me of the time when my good mate Terry Golazzio broke both of his legs in the Gola Sunday Tuebrook District League. The boos he got because he refused to roll off the pitch to receive medical attention....in hindsight it was a bit harsh. But there was only 2 minutes of the game to go and Bobby's Brown Shoes FC were 3 up and it was to win the title. Had to wait 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive and game got postponed. Lost the replay 8-1 and Terry was never the same again as he had one leg massively shorter than the other.

None of the above actually happened (except for the bit where DCL got his cheekbone smashed)
Hugely enjoyed this bit.

Never? He has literally done it twice for us.

Then we had 2 managers who rushed him back from injuries and caused setbacks.

Dyche has brought him back properly and he has managed to stay fit, albeit without the goals until the end of the season when things started clicking for him.