2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The clever people who will never back a single signing but criticise every single name we’re linked with. Basically if you weren’t suggesting Haaland they would have mocked you.

‘We should be scouring European leagues signing young potential before they explode in value’…we sign Chermiti…’who tf is this kid, he’s rubbish, get a proper striker in’. It’s honestly exhausting.

Beto and Chermiti will both be better this season for having a year of adaptation to the league under their belt. If Calvert Lewin goes we’ll get a replacement for him.

Beto showed no signs of improvement over the course of the season, in fact he probably looked worse at the end than he did initially. Chermiti though I agree looked much improved.

The clever people who will never back a single signing but criticise every single name we’re linked with. Basically if you weren’t suggesting Haaland they would have mocked you.

‘We should be scouring European leagues signing young potential before they explode in value’…we sign Chermiti…’who tf is this kid, he’s rubbish, get a proper striker in’. It’s honestly exhausting.

Beto and Chermiti will both be better this season for having a year of adaptation to the league under their belt. If Calvert Lewin goes we’ll get a replacement for him.
People think because the they won the champions league with marine afc on FM09 that they know the inner working of scouting, think cheeky bids are the way forward and pay no attention to the fact that the market is the market.
If a player is good and shows potential there is a price that comes with it, the lower the price the bigger the risk

Beto showed no signs of improvement over the course of the season, in fact he probably looked worse at the end than he did initially. Chermiti though I agree looked much improved.
Beto eventually lost that '1st sub on' role to Chermiti by the end of the season.
Plus he plays like he has cement all over his Timberlands

People think because the they won the champions league with marine afc on FM09 that they know the inner working of scouting, think cheeky bids are the way forward and pay no attention to the fact that the market is the market.
If a player is good and shows potential there is a price that comes with it, the lower the price the bigger the risk
Mate thats not how you do it!

You take every released Premier League young player on trial (plus some championship too) and sign the ones that have 5 star potential after 3 weeks of the trial!

I believe that is the way we should go!

More often than not mate, Transfers don't work out!

Everyone gets excited, including media/fans/twitter etc because it is new ,shiny & unknown! The idea that someone can transform a side is often more in hope than in process

The reality of it is that players tend to perform better with consistency, being settled & general familiarity of there surroundings! Its not a coincidence are best players are players that have been here a while!

Transfers should be used to make an odd tweak, replace an outgoing or if a fantastic opportunity arises!

Hang on. You spouted the same crap when Danjuma signed, had a pop at posters for having the audacity to criticize it, shoving ''he started in CL semi final w/Villareal'. How did that pan out?

Dyche and DCL found a way to keep him fit.

No matter what you get for him now with one year of his contract left isn’t gonna be anywhere near enough to cover that he brings to the team; his all round game is excellent in a team that’s not built for attacking.

The best bet is to somehow get him to extend his contract or you’re looking at an outlay to try replace him, and last year’s attempt at that was Beto. I can appreciate you might have written him off or feel inadequate watching a grown man enjoy fashion in his time off but you’ll just have to get over your insecurities if you want the best for Everton, dars.

No matter what you get for him now with one year of his contract left isn’t gonna be anywhere near enough to cover that he brings to the team; his all round game is excellent in a team that’s not built for attacking.

The best bet is to somehow get him to extend his contract or you’re looking at an outlay to try replace him, and last year’s attempt at that was Beto. I can appreciate you might have written him off or feel inadequate watching a grown man enjoy fashion in his time off but you’ll just have to get over your insecurities if you want the best for Everton, dars.
This!

I still believe in Beto. In fact, he's done ok given that he's fed off scraps of service and started relatively few games. Chermiti looks promising, although I did doubt him in that first half against Brentford, I can see he has intelligence and links up very well.

Hopefully we go with two attackers up top next season and not the fudge of attacker + Doucoure loitering in the vicinity. Whomever we have to choose from will prosper more with a fellow attacker close to them.

I think Sean Dyche would love to keep DCL.
I expect the offer to him was very generous. I think if the player chooses to leave it will be because at 27 he may feel that he would like a new challenge elsewhere.
We will struggle to get a player as good for anything close to the fee we will get for DCL, but if he wants to leave and won't sign a new contract then given our financial state we have no option but to sell.

The only small crumb of comfort is it will help with PSR and maybe allow us to keep Branthwaite.

Chermiti looks promising but next season is probably at least one season too early.

Let's just hope the rumours are wrong and DCL stays.