2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments and discussions I have had coming away from the last two games about DCL have been very dispiriting and disappointing.
What is worse is that in many cases these antidiluvian comments have been uttered by young supporters
An Everton striker fearlessly and puts his head in a dangerous area to get a goal , receiving a broken cheekbone and is subsequently booed off the pitch, vilified and mocked in comments after the match and online.
It’s disgusting.
I confess it’s chipping away at the last cornerstone of my six decades of support for this club.
I always thought that the majority of Everton supporters were a cut above the rest.
It appears that along with our ambition even this is now being eroded.
Very sad.
I think this may be my last season ,if such behaviour and attitudes continue to gain support , there will be nothing left of the Everton I have supported all my life.

I can’t believe our own fans boo’d him when he went off injured, racial abuse towards Onana, the incident with Gordon last year, what have we become, no wonder players don’t want to join us, we keep whinging about the state of the board, which I agree is a mess but the state of some of our fans is embarrassing too, this club is rotten throughout.

Some of the comments and discussions I have had coming away from the last two games about DCL have been very dispiriting and disappointing.
What is worse is that in many cases these antidiluvian comments have been uttered by young supporters
An Everton striker fearlessly and puts his head in a dangerous area to get a goal , receiving a broken cheekbone and is subsequently booed off the pitch, vilified and mocked in comments after the match and online.
It’s disgusting.
I confess it’s chipping away at the last cornerstone of my six decades of support for this club.
I always thought that the majority of Everton supporters were a cut above the rest.
Very sad.
I think this may be my last season ,if such behaviour and attitudes continue to gain support , there will be nothing left of the Everton I have supported all my life.
Its a horrible industry, I would say Sport, but football is a wonderful game, sadly the industry that has been manufactured by greed is a pale shadow of what it used to be.

I was thinking about this today whilst driving hours for no reason. I don't know what was being said in the crowd but could it not be simply massive frustration at the situation the club have put literally EVERYBODY in? They hinge their bets on Dom, they hinge their bets on the supporters getting the club over the line, they hinge their bets on managers who just don't want to progress. I know it was directed towards DCL but I reckon it really was just the absurdity of the situation for the umpteenth time.

It's like Lucy and Charlie Brown with this fn club...

It’s disgusting.
Very sad.
I was thinking this earlier too
Disgusting vitriol, and before anyone says every club has bad supporters it doesn't matter
The fans have been my favourite thing about this club for a while now, their humour and the unwavering support despite the club being run shambolically and performances being pathetic
Dom, with a swollen face received putting himself on the line, giving a thumbs up to booing fans is an image that's hard to shake
Don't get me started on the racists ffs

don't rate him highly as others on here. defo improved over the years. and 100% brave. always was. absolutely no fault being out now due to cheekbone. even though I don't rate him as a top player we need him back ASAP. that's the state of our squad. get well soon dcl.

I can’t believe our own fans boo’d him when he went off injured, racial abuse towards Onana, the incident with Gordon last year, what have we become, no wonder players don’t want to join us, we keep whinging about the state of the board, which I agree is a mess but the state of some of our fans is embarrassing too, this club is rotten throughout.

The fans are at breaking point with frustration. They just saw their best player, and only real hope, go off again with yet another injury while 2-0 down after half an hour. We can sit here and say it was wrong, but I'm in no way surprised that some people at that moment in time reacted the way they did.

There's a debate to be had on whether the fans should show any animosity towards the players when they put in performances like yesterday. In the past, I'd have said absolutely because it shouldn't be tolerated due to us being a big club. But those days are long gone. I actually think we would be better served clapping along to the likes of Maupay and Keane because getting angry at players who are capable of no better isn't going to help.

All of this is definitely no excuse for the mindless duo that sent deplorable messages to Onana and Maupay.

The fans are at breaking point with frustration. They just saw their best player, and only real hope, go off again with yet another injury while 2-0 down after half an hour. We can sit here and say it was wrong, but I'm in no way surprised that some people at that moment in time reacted the way they did.

There's a debate to be had on whether the fans should show any animosity towards the players when they put in performances like yesterday. In the past, I'd have said absolutely because it shouldn't be tolerated due to us being a big club. But those days are long gone. I actually think we would be better served clapping along to the likes of Maupay and Keane because getting angry at players who are capable of no better isn't going to help.

All of this is definitely no excuse for the mindless duo that sent deplorable messages to Onana and Maupay.
I dint think anyone is suggesting it was a surprise. No player should ever be booed for getting injured.

It occured to me to ask who is it giving the abuse to DCL about being injured? Who booed when he departed the game? How old are they?

Pertinent question I mean does anyone remember a similar player, more injured than not? Missing games due to being sent off occasionally.
Even a holiday in Glasgow in the early years.

🤔

It's down to the chaotic functioning football club that we're relying on DCL so much and not having other suitable options. That's not the players fault.
There's too much abuse going on. It's getting boring and is damaging to our name. What's the line "we are respected, wherever we may go"? The irony
that both the RS and Villa were very respectful over that lad's death. We don't even respect our own players. Bad match or not.

It’s disgusting.
Very sad.
Couldn’t agree more mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back