2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe our own fans boo’d him when he went off injured, racial abuse towards Onana, the incident with Gordon last year, what have we become, no wonder players don’t want to join us, we keep whinging about the state of the board, which I agree is a mess but the state of some of our fans is embarrassing too, this club is rotten throughout.
What you have to remember is that this is a tiny minority of so called fans. It does not represent the whole fan base but what it does is give us all a bad name. If I was a player I would be thinking why would I even try hard when you are booing my team mate off whos just smashed his face in.

We need a huge banner, massive, with a picture of Dom scoring that diving header against Palace, hung from the Gwladys against Wolves. We need a picture of Onana doing his little dance with Gueye, we need to get behind the team again.

COYB!! That is the motto, and that goes for us aswell!

I can’t believe our own fans boo’d him when he went off injured, racial abuse towards Onana, the incident with Gordon last year, what have we become, no wonder players don’t want to join us, we keep whinging about the state of the board, which I agree is a mess but the state of some of our fans is embarrassing too, this club is rotten throughout.
...add to that the fans on that Twitter space last night defending Mason Greenwood.

It's beginning to really dawn on me that these people follow the same football club as I do and it's depressing lol

People get frustrated because he's always injured and we have no replacement when that it happens. I'm amazed people find it so shocking that in the heat of the moment when we're losing 2-0 and he gets taken off that there were a few angry words shouted.
I think what people find surprising is that fans look at this situation and blame and voice their frustrations directly at a model professional, who has had a really tough time over the last few years, and some rotten luck, instead of the true sources of their frustration.

It's really stupid behaviour.

It isn't just football fans though, the blame game dominates every aspect of life now. Mainstream and social media are breaking down standards of behaviour and people seem to think any problem should be addressed by pointing the finger, rather than doing something positive.

I can understand the frustration over Dom's injury record, but you have to be spectacularly thick to blame him for this latest setback.

He went headfirst into the keeper. I don't think you can faulter his commitment
Then why did the keeper not get broken but DCL did?!?!?!?!

He clearly went into him facefirst, which is the wrong way to do it, and he did it on purpose to injure himself so he can hinder us. I will somehow attribute this to his clothing later down the line, but can't think of a stupid connection like that now.

When 2 big muscular blokes collide unexepectedly and accidently like that at a joint closing speed of probably 30mph it does not bode well, especially if it's shoulder against face. Just amazed he stayed on the pitch. Again i don't think he's as good as people make out but he's won me over in the bottle stakes. Just hoping his run of bad luck is over now so we can finally see if he's the real deal👍

Great post. I simply don't know what's become of our fans in recent years. Some of our fanbase is utterly toxic. Even players from other clubs have noticed it over recent season, including the former England and former Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster.

I hope we don't force Onana out the way we forced out Lukaku and Barkley and Stones.

This sort of negativity off the field will not improve us on the field.

Great post. I simply don't know what's become of our fans in recent years. Some of our fanbase is utterly toxic. Even players from other clubs have noticed it over recent season, including the former England and former Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster.

I hope we don't force Onana out the way we forced out Lukaku and Barkley and Stones.

This sort of negativity off the field will not improve us on the field.
Agree, it's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back