2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe our own fans boo’d him when he went off injured, racial abuse towards Onana, the incident with Gordon last year, what have we become, no wonder players don’t want to join us, we keep whinging about the state of the board, which I agree is a mess but the state of some of our fans is embarrassing too, this club is rotten throughout.
Agree. The state of the aforementioned fans is embarrassing. If you were a player with no prior allegiance to the club then why on earth would you join Everton?
Road blocking a player for conceding a free kick that led to a goal, booing a player that broke his face trying to score a goal and racist abuse towards another player for not playing a good game. It's disgusting, pathetic and as you mention, ironically it likely puts off players that may have otherwise joined the club and yep you guessed it, fans moan about the lack of signings.

Of course the board has a lot to answer for but the above type of fans really don't help the cause.

Agree. The state of the aforementioned fans is embarrassing. If you were a player with no prior allegiance to the club then why on earth would you join Everton?
Road blocking a player for conceding a free kick that led to a goal, booing a player that broke his face trying to score a goal and racist abuse towards another player for not playing a good game. It's disgusting, pathetic and as you mention, ironically it likely puts off players that may have otherwise joined the club and yep you guessed it, fans moan about the lack of signings.

Of course the board has a lot to answer for but the above type of fans really don't help the cause.
It is shocking, Disgusting actions by a certain part of the fanbase.

But it is life now, Even more so with 'Social Media' playing its part.

This isn't just Everton, It's football. And you won't find a club where it doesn't happen..

It is shocking, Disgusting actions by a certain part of the fanbase.

But it is life now, Even more so with 'Social Media' playing its part.

This isn't just Everton, It's football. And you won't find a club where it doesn't happen..
Its not like you couldnt see he was injured, and that he had gotten that injury through being brave? So many of our fans need a smack in the mouth the way they carry on!

I know its annoying that he's been injured but I don't get why people are complaining about them trying to get him properly fit I'd rather he took his time and played 30 games than rush him back to get 20 minutes as a sub from him straight away and him only play 15.

WTF is this bollocks? Every interview he’s given you can 100% see how much he loves the club and wants to give his all to get back on the pitch, you could even see that in the Sporting game
Always injured.

Again.

It isn't just football fans though, the blame game dominates every aspect of life now. Mainstream and social media are breaking down standards of behaviour and people seem to think any problem should be addressed by pointing the finger, rather than doing something positive.

I can understand the frustration over Dom's injury record, but you have to be spectacularly thick to blame him for this latest setback.
I am spectacularly thick and believe waiting for the likes of DCL to come good nearly cost us last year.

Get Adams in with Maupay playing off him.

Yes this is what Everton have come to with the appalling way we've spent money, but we now need 14 guys we can play week in week out for Dyche to improve and keep up.

Luton, Sheff Utd and possibly Forst / Burnley as bad as us, and let's see what happens to Wolves now the cash is gone.

Waiting to see what happnes with DCL every five mins just destabilizes the steps we need 14 other guys to make.

Shame, there's a player in there when fit, but for me he's 3rd choice and should be treated as an option from the bench if/when we're lucky

Bored of hoping with this clown. 2 goals per season the last two seasons. 1 better than Maupay, last season no? OK, cool.

So let's just let go of the 'Golden years' of Davies, Holgate, JJK and DCL.

At the very least, make him fight for a place as 3rd striker to Maupay (2nd) and whomever comes hin. Let's see if he actually gives the slightest hoot about Everton and England and sorts his fitness vs making statements in topshop gear.

If he can, respect.

If not, bye.
It sounds like you missed a few meetings, and matches

Its not like you couldnt see he was injured, and that he had gotten that injury through being brave? So many of our fans need a smack in the mouth the way they carry on!
He didn't need to go in as he did. Too much time out, mis-timed, unnecesary albeit probably trying to 'give it everything' after 4 goals in 2 seasons as main striker.

I wish him no ill and hope he comes back and helps score his share, but do not want us to plan for him in the first XI, his pathcy record of fitness simply destabilizes the squad. Shame, player in there.

Go and get fit Dom.

I am spectacularly thick and believe waiting for the likes of DCL to come good nearly cost us last year.

Get Adams in with Maupay playing off him.

Yes this is what Everton have come to with the appalling way we've spent money, but we now need 14 guys we can play week in week out for Dyche to improve and keep up.

Luton, Sheff Utd and possibly Forst / Burnley as bad as us, and let's see what happens to Wolves now the cash is gone.

Waiting to see what happnes with DCL every five mins just destabilizes the steps we need 14 other guys to make.

Shame, there's a player in there when fit, but for me he's 3rd choice and should be treated as an option from the bench if/when we're lucky
Well that is a completely different argument and I agree we should be looking for a long-term replacement, but it seems that isn't as straightforward as we would like.

Don't shoot the messenger, but if made available would would DCL garner knowing he has high upside but is not a reliable first choice (at least lately)? It just seems he would be a nice luxury piece for another club less dependent on him to be available in the near term and every week. I have no feel for these valuations, just curious.

How is his injury?

I'm a fan and hope he is fit and firing soon and sticking it to the boo boys. I'm also hoping that we're getting alternative options as there's no way I'd be gambling on getting a full season of 100% prime DCL.

How is his injury?

I'm a fan and hope he is fit and firing soon and sticking it to the boo boys. I'm also hoping that we're getting alternative options as there's no way I'd be gambling on getting a full season of 100% prime DCL.
Been a bit quiet hasn’t it?
Was hoping we’d see him in one of them Batman masks at the weekend, but no updates from the club doesn’t usually bode well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back