0.66 pts per game

1͟6͟% win rate

🔵 When DCL did start the game:
11 wins
7 draws
8 losses
1.53 pts per game

4͟2͟% win rate

In the 2 seasons he had bad injuries and managed only 17 appearances, we had to rely on the last home game of the season in both to stay up.

Whenever he plays 30+, like last season - we're comfortable in mid table.

Really not too bothered if he goes, don't get me wrong on his day he is unplayable, seems like a decent lad, but this is our last chance to cash in. What's to say he signs a new deal with us but then his injuries persist?

I think it's just one of them, he's been here for 7 years and sometimes people need a change. I personally am looking forward to a changed Everton side.

Really not too bothered if he goes, don't get me wrong on his day he is unplayable, seems like a decent lad, but this is our last chance to cash in. What's to say he signs a new deal with us but then his injuries persist?

I think it's just one of them, he's been here for 7 years and sometimes people need a change. I personally am looking forward to a changed Everton side.
Yes, there are only two players in this side I would be sad to see go: Pickford and Branthwaite. We need to dream it all up again.

Yes, there are only two players in this side I would be sad to see go: Pickford and Branthwaite. We need to dream it all up again.
My thoughts exactly mate, I think Pickford is settled here and I can't see anyone paying what we want for him. Branthwaite will leave one day but I'm not convinced it's as soon as most people think, I think he'll only leave for a City or a Real, and only when he knows he's gonna be starting week in week out.

Just to add to this;

In the 2 seasons he had bad injuries and managed only 17 appearances, we had to rely on the last home game of the season in both to stay up.

Whenever he plays 30+, like last season - we're comfortable in mid table.
When he didn’t play in those 2 seasons we didn’t have another decent striker.

If we sign another decent striker to replace him, then we should be ok.

No doubting he’s decent. But he’s nothing special imo and can be replaced. His finishing isn’t brilliant, his all round play is good though.

He's not the first nor will he be the last player that has statistically improved a team. I know it's Thelwell's poor record in forward recruitment that has a few concerned, but that's the gamble whether it's this season (when we can actually get a fee) or in the future (next season for likely nothing). We're always going to be a football club that needs to gamble, we can't afford the elite forwards that are lesser "gambles".

Might as well get them to throw in Premier League-proven Callum Wilson if they want Calvin.

He might be 32, but he's still a clinical finisher and wouldn't fluff anywhere near the number of chances Calvin generally does. He'd be a good option for this coming season - certainly miles better than anything else we have - and at worst a decent bench option for a further season when he's 33 going on 34.

Wilson, Minteh + £9m. (I don't believe any of this £37m nonsense)

Then go and get a year loan for Weghorst off Burnley, and punt Beto and Maupay to any club that will take them.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Id say that given some of the names we are being linked with at the moment we might be seeing a slight change in the way we play next season.
Well, given we tried to play the long ball with Maupay up front, I'm a bit sceptical about a Dyche team being able to play any other way. But here's hoping that things can change a bit, as we've been a hard watch for, I dunno, 5 years now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back