2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not too bothered if he goes, don't get me wrong on his day he is unplayable, seems like a decent lad, but this is our last chance to cash in. What's to say he signs a new deal with us but then his injuries persist?

I think it's just one of them, he's been here for 7 years and sometimes people need a change. I personally am looking forward to a changed Everton side.
The problem is a changed Everton side in recent years has meant a worse Everton side generally speaking but if he’s going next year anyway, then cash in now, particularly given our perilous financial state and less than 100% confidence that he doesn’t have another major injury in him

It will need to improve, certainly. But we don’t have another option, it’s either replace him this year or replace him next year.

Let's say he didn't sign a new deal but stays, like you say you'd just have to replace him next summer as he would deffo be off. At least selling now gives us funds for a replacement and it avoids us having a players whose head is elsewhere for 12 months.

It will need to improve, certainly. But we don’t have another option, it’s either replace him this year or replace him next year.

Wonder if there will be any interest in him a year from now and wonder what fee he would command. Plus will he sign a new contract ?

Wonder if there will be any interest in him a year from now and wonder what fee he would command. Plus will he sign a new contract ?

In a year he’ll command a fee of £0 mate because his contract expires.

If there’s an offer above £20m on the table this summer we quite simply have to take it. Last year there were people using all sorts of stats to try and show us how much we’d miss Iwobi, in the end we not only didn’t miss him but actually improved without him. Not saying this will definitely happen, but it shows that it can be done.

Shame this. Would be less of a shame if our current recruitment team weren't acquiring the McNeils and Maupays of the world with our limited budget.

NEW OWNERS NEED TO RIP UP THIS CLUB AND GET NEW PEOPLE IN
Does that include the manager? It’s normally the DOF that gets the players. Dyche hasn’t had an opportunity to sign many has he.

Just to add to this;

In the 2 seasons he had bad injuries and managed only 17 appearances, we had to rely on the last home game of the season in both to stay up.

Whenever he plays 30+, like last season - we're comfortable in mid table.
Those games he didn't start in include City, Arsenal, United(a), Chelsea(a) Newcastle (a).

Also the stat is wrong, we beat Brentford twice and Forest when he didn't start

I don't share the optimism that we can replace him.

Beto and Chermiti cost £45m.

+ Maupay and that's £60m.

And...

There's an argument to say it's such small margins down there - that he could be the difference between staying up or going down;

2023/24 SEASON:

🔴 When DCL didn’t start the game:
2 wins
2 draws
8 losses
0.66 pts per game

1͟6͟% win rate

🔵 When DCL did start the game:
11 wins
7 draws
8 losses
1.53 pts per game

4͟2͟% win rate

Back when we had actual fullbacks who could cross a ball like Digne. Or midfielders who could pass a ball forward like Sigurdsson/Rodriguez;

Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored 34% of Everton’s 47 goals, meaning that no team that finished above 17th place relied more on one single player for a larger percentage of their goals.

I think we'd miss him big time. I think he'd score more than all our players for Newcastle.

Beto & Chermiti were not £45mil & Maupay was also not £15mil.

Your comparisons of "when a teams first choice starter plays"

Vs

"When a teams backup plays"

Mean nothing aside from Beto & Maupay also need punting.

Does that include the manager? It’s normally the DOF that gets the players. Dyche hasn’t had an opportunity to sign many has he.
He definitely got young and maybe Harrison, while we were limited in options in buying a striker a 6ft 4 CF suits a dyche style/team. Personally I wouldn’t want dyche wasting what money we have on players he wants

I agree. Forget his injuries. He’s so much more than a goalscorer. He’s a target man, he drags defenders away, he’s got a decent touch, he’s a solid pen taker. I would personally be sitting him down and saying ‘what do you want?’, if that’s already happened and he has said ‘nothing I want to leave’ then I suppose getting anything over 20m is madness.

However we all know it won’t be that. If we do the deal with Chelsea it will be 10m plus Broja, Newcastle it will be 15m plus Minteh.

£15mil + Minteh?

Think youve got that backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back