2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a year he’ll command a fee of £0 mate because his contract expires.

If there’s an offer above £20m on the table this summer we quite simply have to take it. Last year there were people using all sorts of stats to try and show us how much we’d miss Iwobi, in the end we not only didn’t miss him but actually improved without him. Not saying this will definitely happen, but it shows that it can be done.
Not sure you can compare the loss of Iwobi with DCL. DCL is clearly our best striker. Iwobi was not our best midfielder. There is no point selling DCL for less than £30m. Why risk relegation like that

We have not proven we can replace strikers. He will help us finish higher up the league so you gain that money. In a years time he may be settled with his new family and not want to move especially if we show some signs of progress

Lots in here worried about losing Dom because he’s integral to how we play.. whilst I don’t desperately want him gone I’d hope if he does, we start to change our play a little and rely more on a midfield to progress the ball up the pitch. I think a clever player (who can hold onto the ball) like Ndiaye with Beto playing off the shoulder does far more to pin a team back and improve our goal output.

For perspective, if we were looking to buy a striker who is injury prone, scores few goals, last year of contract etc for £25m we’d be thinking it’s about as clever as bringing in Benitez…
Do you honestly see Dyche changing his style. He is what he is.

Not sure you can compare the loss of Iwobi with DCL. DCL is clearly our best striker. Iwobi was not our best midfielder. There is no point selling DCL for less than £30m. Why risk relegation like that

We have not proven we can replace strikers. He will help us finish higher up the league so you gain that money. In a years time he may be settled with his new family and not want to move especially if we show some signs of progress

Absolutely loads on here were suggesting he was, and also that he was our only creative player and we’d create nothing without him. We created more chances and scored more goals without him.

You think Maupay is great though don’t you :lol:

As I always said - he was never right to play upfront in this Everton team and its indicative of why I'm baffled at the confidence people have on our recruitment team to so readily replace Calvert-Lewin.

Branthwaite, Pickford and Onana are the most valuable players in our team - but I think any team whose immediate ambitions are to stay in the league can replace them with players who are 17th and above.

I think Calvert-Lewin is the most difficult we have to replace.

He scores double figure league goals for Newcastle, IMO.

Lot of ifs buts and maybe’s. He 100% would
Leave next year as on a free he gets a huge signing in fee and big salary. He’s not the main reason we stayed up last season. So not sure losing him all of a sudden guarantees relegation

A fit and firing Dom is hard to replace. But we’ve seen that in about 10 games over the last 3 years.
Even on his good days he’s not a natural finisher, can’t strike a ball or create a chance for himself.

Thelwell picking out Beto terrifies me though.

I got it from here

... But the point is.

We win a lot more points with Calvert-Lewin upfront than we do with the players our existing DOF signed.

A lot of that is down to Dyche resting him for the 'expected losses' though.

This is similar to the Doucoure stat that was doing the rounds last season where we didn't win a game For 18 months when he didn't play. I'm not going to start calling Doucs irreplaceable because his win % is a lot higher when he plays

A lot of that is down to Dyche resting him for the 'expected losses' though.

This is similar to the Doucoure stat that was doing the rounds last season where we didn't win a game For 18 months when he didn't play. I'm not going to start calling Doucs irreplaceable because his win % is a lot higher when he plays

Over a short spell you might be right

But over 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back