2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had key strikers in the past leave and quickly be forgotten. I was gutted when AJ left, but Saha came in and soon AJ was forgotten about. Saha left and Jelavic came in, Jelavic left and Lukaku came in etc etc. If DCL goes it will be the right move for all parties concerned and we'll just move on with hopefully a front man that contributes similar if not more. I feel like we're starting to get some transfer decisions right for a long time...(I'm not saying I want DCL to go, I just think that he could be replaced)

When he didn’t play in those 2 seasons we didn’t have another decent striker.

If we sign another decent striker to replace him, then we should be ok.

No doubting he’s decent. But he’s nothing special imo and can be replaced. His finishing isn’t brilliant, his all round play is good though.

Huge IF that.

As I said. I doubt our ability to do so - based on about the last 15 we've signed.

Lots in here worried about losing Dom because he’s integral to how we play.. whilst I don’t desperately want him gone I’d hope if he does, we start to change our play a little and rely more on a midfield to progress the ball up the pitch. I think a clever player (who can hold onto the ball) like Ndiaye with Beto playing off the shoulder does far more to pin a team back and improve our goal output.

For perspective, if we were looking to buy a striker who is injury prone, scores few goals, last year of contract etc for £25m we’d be thinking it’s about as clever as bringing in Benitez…

If DCL's determined not to sign a new contract, then we must cash in. I definitely want Beto and Maupay to be binned off an all. Who we actually brought in, would be a big question; as we're definitely going to need at least 2 strikers. However, if someone like Weighorst or Wilson we're to be available on the cheap, along with a main striker, that would be a good start

Beto & Chermiti were not £45mil & Maupay was also not £15mil.

Everton have signed Portuguese striker Beto from Italian side Udinese for a fee reportedly worth up to £30m.

Everton have signed teenage striker Youssef Chermiti from Sporting Lisbon on a four-year deal for £15m.

Everton have completed the signing of striker Neal Maupay from Premier League rivals Brighton for a fee of £15m.

If we can get £30+ millions on top of the money for Dobbin - make a statement of intent and go get Toney (maybe throw Maupay in as a sweetener).

Failing that, the big galoot from Luton looks a handful and might be worth an assessment.

Everton have signed Portuguese striker Beto from Italian side Udinese for a fee reportedly worth up to £30m.

Everton have signed teenage striker Youssef Chermiti from Sporting Lisbon on a four-year deal for £15m.

Everton have completed the signing of striker Neal Maupay from Premier League rivals Brighton for a fee of £15m.

You think Maupay is great though don’t you :lol:

Almost all the sites with close to those prices quoted were rebuffed by other sites showing the Beto and Chermiti fees as Euros including at least €3mil each in add ons -- which i doubt have been triggered.

Beto on some sites was €25mil + €3mil addons...Chermiti was £12mil + £3mil addons.

Maupay £12mil + £3mil addons.

I remember them all being memorable as they each had that 3mil added.

Im sad you quoted the BBC.

P G
2021–22 Premier League 17 5
2022–23 Premier League 17 2
2023–24 Premier League 33 7

He isn't all that. Not even what a half decent midfielder scores Time for a reset, think he is indicative of previous regime, so wont be to unhappy if we have to look elsewhere, maybe he needs reset too.

Did that sort of stuff make his mind up?
He hasn’t even got a song. The club nearly physically broke him by mishandling his injuries, rushing him back and never having an adequate replacement for him, his close family have heard and witnessed the ridiculous vitriol he receives from adult babies in our fanbase. I should imagine that would be dwarfed by the comments made by morons not comfortable enough with themselves on the internet when he’s wearing what he chooses to break boundaries and help other young people.
Personally, I can quite believe how a human being can feel he’s better off away from an environment that sometimes goes out of its way to make it as hard as possible for you to thrive, he now has his own family and priorities in life change. I want him to stay but I won’t blame him if he wants to leave.

Anyway I’m sure the team will be amazing with a fella up front who has trampoline shins, can’t play with his back to goal and trips over when trying to put one foot in front of the other

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back