2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he stays and still refuses to sign a contract, next season the Skunks come in again and get him for nothing, shades of Ross Barkley here ? Horrible thought but I personally would have thought DCL was better than that, but if you want loyalty i suppose you're better buying a Dog. :)
Some fans booing him off when he broke his cheekbone may not have helped on the mutual loyalty front sadly, although I do feel he owes us something after so many injuries.

Newcastle doing a United and trying to play hardball. They’ll be back in for him closer to TDD and will end up shelling out £30m plus a few bob in add-ons. Minteh will be long gone to France by then, and we’ll finally fulfil our Longstaff fantasy in the PSR tombola.

Newcastle doing a United and trying to play hardball. They’ll be back in for him closer to TDD and will end up shelling out £30m plus a few bob in add-ons. Minteh will be long gone to France by then, and we’ll finally fulfil our Longstaff fantasy in the PSR tombola.
Don’t see how Newcastle are trying to play hardball. We want close to £40m for a player with 1 year left, and the likelihood is he will get injured picking up the pen.

Don’t see how Newcastle are trying to play hardball. We want close to £40m for a player with 1 year left, and the likelihood is he will get injured picking up the pen.
In this day and age, a striker in his prime of DCL’s ability is easily worth the better part of £40m. At the very least it’s worth a conversation. For them to flounce off this early, as United have done with JB, it stinks of running to the media in order to try to get the player to force a move. I’d have money on them being back in for him in a few weeks.

In this day and age, a striker in his prime of DCL’s ability is easily worth the better part of £40m. At the very least it’s worth a conversation. For them to flounce off this early, as United have done with JB, it stinks of running to the media in order to try to get the player to force a move. I’d have money on them being back in for him in a few weeks.
No way is DCL worth 40m. Don’t talk silly mate

The actions of a few are not the majority mate , he should know that
I suspect he does as he seems like a bright lad but it would have really f’d me off if I was him. I also think it’s part of him wanting a fresh start somewhere else. Personally I’d love him to sign, I rate him even if he’s not a natural finisher.

Some fans booing him off when he broke his cheekbone may not have helped on the mutual loyalty front sadly, although I do feel he owes us something after so many injuries.

Agree with that word for word, very frustrated with that injury at the time, but to be fair it was a nasty injury and the lad has to go off, but instances like that turn players heads, they remember. But agree with the second part as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back