2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I love Dom as a human being, but I can understand why the horse punchers are underwhelmed.

They are about to replace a striker who scored 21 league goals in 30 league games with one who scored 7 goals in 33 games. We’d be horrified as well if that happened to us.
Agree.

I love Dom, but I would cry if we replaced Isak with him as well.

I think most of them haven't seen much of Dom, either.

Many of them will have formed the bulk of their view from his stats. They'll look at his numbers - particularly goals and injuries - and see little of promise.

People glance at Wiki.

Or the narrative is set - struggling relegation team, lack of fitness and headlines around xG.

I get it, but it's lacking/short term.

He looks over his fitness problems that Everton compounded, and Everton have been a basket case.

As is Newcastle wanting him then.

And Milan looking at him to replace Giroud.

You asked why Newcastle fans hated the idea. It would be similar if Everton were in for a striker with those same stats.
My take on him has always been the same. You cant get a season out of him without either injuries or a goal drought.
I mean its nailed on he leaves and turns into Marco Van Basten.

You asked why Newcastle fans hated the idea. It would be similar if Everton were in for a striker with those same stats.
My take on him has always been the same. You cant get a season out of him without either injuries or a goal drought.
I mean its nailed on he leaves and turns into Marco Van Basten.
He’s a good player for sure, but definitely unfulfilled potential. My main beef with selling him is my lack of faith we’ll replace him. I mean apart from Lukaku you’re doing back to Duncan Ferguson to the last time we had a good striker and even he never achieved his full potential.

People glance at Wiki.

Or the narrative is set - struggling relegation team, lack of fitness and headlines around xG.

I get it, but it's lacking/short term.

He looks over his fitness problems that Everton compounded, and Everton have been a basket case.
Wasnt that miss where he chested it down and somehow vollied it over against newcastle as well?

if it was, probably what sticks out most to them ( that and his poor goal record )

in a nutshell, they'd be replacing an injury prone striker who always scores goals, with an injury prone striker who doesn't.