2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

It’s mad. The whole thing. Media tell us Newcastle are the richest club in the world yet here they are scratching around in the cat litter to avoid a possible PSR breach

I’m sure they have a few players they can flog before Sunday without sacrificing Isak.

The rules are ludicrous like.

If you take the glasses off for a minute.

What would YOU say if we were linked with spending 37 million quid on a fella with 14 league goals in 3 seasons?

I'd have concerns over his fitness but I'd see a player who has just turned 27, who was once scoring 13+16 league goals and considered deputy to Harry Kane for England. Sure, he's had a few bad seasons but the big mitigation there is fitness, and Everton being Everton.

Take Ndiaye, Marseille fans will be thinking we're off our trolley. Failed miserably there, but they're pretty much getting their money back. We're not all fuming - I can't recall a fanbase being so against a transfer as I'm seeing from Newcastle fans towards Calvert-Lewin.

Look at Gordon - 21 premier league goals and assists in 31 games last season. If he stuck with us, how many would he have got last year?! We only scored 40 as a team.

If you take the glasses off for a minute.

What would YOU say if we were linked with spending 37 million quid on a fella with 14 league goals in 3 seasons?
I would be saying I have concerns given previous injuries.

He's a very good player and certainly helps the way we play. But unless there is a contract extension very soon then the only sensible option available to us is to arrange a sale.

Too many players have left for free in recent years and that can't continue when you are a club who just received 2 points deductions for financial issues.

He's a very good player and certainly helps the way we play. But unless there is a contract extension very soon then the only sensible option available to us is to arrange a sale.

Too many players have left for free in recent years and that can't continue when you are a club who just received 2 points deductions for financial issues.
Who are all these players who have left for free pray tell?

Would be top of my priorities to get him sold if he is intent on not signing a new deal before the season starts. If we stick with him and he makes a deal to sign for someone else early in the new year you`d have to question the level of his commitment for the closing games of the season.

Who are all these players who have left for free pray tell?
Off the top of my head and there are probably others in the last 4 or 5 years

Mina, Gomes, Tosun, Bolasie, Townsend, Gbamin, Davies, Kenny, Walcott

Now I'm not saying we could have got value by selling all of those, but it makes no financial sense to let a player with value like DCL leave next season for free.

I'd have concerns over his fitness but I'd see a player who has just turned 27, who was once scoring 13+16 league goals and considered deputy to Harry Kane for England. Sure, he's had a few bad seasons but the big mitigation there is fitness, and Everton being Everton.

Take Ndiaye, Marseille fans will be thinking we're off our trolley. Failed miserably there, but they're pretty much getting their money back. We're not all fuming - I can't recall a fanbase being so against a transfer as I'm seeing from Newcastle fans towards Calvert-Lewin.

Look at Gordon - 21 premier league goals and assists in 31 games last season. If he stuck with us, how many would he have got last year?! We only scored 40 as a team.

I asked you to take the glasses off. That is a very flattering view of the situation.

Anyone who isn't a blue sees 37 million pounds for a player with less than 15 goals over the past three seasons.

N'Diaye is five years younger, isn't a number 9 striker who is meant to be the main man, and is half the price of what we want for Dom. That's why nobody is fussed about what we might be paying for him.

Gordon should have scored a lot more than the 2 goals he managed before he left for Newcastle that season. He didn't look arsed for us after September.

Off the top of my head and there are probably others in the last 4 or 5 years

Mina, Gomes, Tosun, Bolasie, Townsend, Gbamin, Davies, Kenny, Walcott

Now I'm not saying we could have got value by selling all of those, but it makes no financial sense to let a player with value like DCL leave next season for free.
It does if he keeps us up! No good if we replace him with another Beto is it?

Indeed, I honestly thought gordon was rubbish