2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Well in a world where rumours are leaked constantly to fill pages and get clicks and it is impossible to keep a secret. As far as I’m aware there has never been an official bid for DCL…. Not even a rumoured bid tbh.

I’m not sure how you want me to prove that?

Do you want me to scour the internet looking for articles of teams saying that they have never bid for him?
:lol:
1719529938007.png

I think its fair to say he should have scored more goals over the course of the season, 5 seems about fair, which ties into his xG.

But I think its also fair to say he hasnt had a wealth of chances.

And in some games, despite not scoring, he has certainly done a job for the team.

We have no fullbacks who can cross, our "wingers" are basically fullbacks, we lack a player who can thread a proper ball.

But hey ho, whats done is done.
Very good point, whoever plays up front for us feeds off scraps. Its why I think its harsh to fully judge Beto yet too, yes he's very raw but he hasn't had a proper run either and we dont slip balls through for him to run onto which is what he likes. Dom's all round game can be immense in the air and his hold up when o form, he's never been prolific but as you say we don't make the chances for him. Shame if he goes I like him and he gets undue stick from some quarters I think some of it was frustration with his injuries and also the fact we went long periods without a striker but that's not his fault he didn't want to be injured and we didn't really have good back ups. That coupled with what he chose to wear now and again seemed to anger some beetrooted faced sections of the fan base. Ultimately we are going to struggle to replace him with the money we get and Broja doesn't convince me at all. One thing I will say though if we get Ndiaye and Minteh or another winger and maybe another forward we could have different threats. But can Dyche actually play that way....

But those players bring nothing else to the game other than scoring goals.

DCL is well above average in all other areas of modern lone striker play.

His weakness is being clinical in front of goal - and this is clearly a big weakness.

Is this something that can be improved at this stage? Who knows. But DCL brings much more to the game aside from scoring goals. When Maupay wasn't scoring goals (which he didn't for us), he was a total liability out there. Same with Niasse
Get Dom in the box, with a good couple of Attacking Midfielders and he'll be hitting the back of the net alot more..

Get rid. The man scored 7 goals last season.

20 plus appearances without a goal.

Hopefully they can agree on a swap with the lad from Newcastle.
And, in light of the Premier League's letter warning, I'm certain you mean two independent transactions arrived at via arm's length negotiations at fair market value. :)