Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes not going anywhere. He wants stupid wages for a crocked striker that doesnt score.

The only way he'll get close to what he wants is by leaving on a free. So he'll leave on a free and we'll have to play him because the only way we could afford to replace him was by selling him.
I don't know the details of what's going on. All we actually know is that he hasn't signed a contract and he hasn't left the club.

My own personal opinion is that the longer it goes without a new deal, the less likely it becomes he will sign one, but time will tell.

If the player wants to play hard ball over running down the contract, then we are entitled to play hard ball too. It's absolutely in our interests to ensure we are able to get a good fee for a player we developed over a number of years.

If I were Everton, I would be putting a deadline on a decision to sign the new deal, and then would withdraw the offer and transfer list the player if that deadline passes by. This is what I would do with any player entering final 12 months of a deal, where a sale could generate us a good fee.

You got a link to this?
He did have a broken toe at the start of that season and played through for like 3 games. Then his quad went. Then Benitez rushed him back and aggravated it.

Then he had a freak knee injury at the start of Lampards season. Then Lampard rushed him back and aggravated it.

Then Dyche allowed him actual recovery time and he made 38apps last season.

I don't know the details of what's going on. All we actually know is that he hasn't signed a contract and he hasn't left the club.

My own personal opinion is that the longer it goes without a new deal, the less likely it becomes he will sign one, but time will tell.

If the player wants to play hard ball over running down the contract, then we are entitled to play hard ball too. It's absolutely in our interests to ensure we are able to get a good fee for a player we developed over a number of years.

If I were Everton, I would be putting a deadline on a decision to sign the new deal, and then would withdraw the offer and transfer list the player if that deadline passes by. This is what I would do with any player entering final 12 months of a deal, where a sale could generate us a good fee.

I completely agree with you but with the way our squad is i just dont see any world where we can stick out best striker in the reserves to rot because he wont sign a new contract unfortunately.

They aren’t linked really. Unless he was being more tentative on one side due to the broken toe so putting more force through the other side etc

its not uncommon, if you have a pain in your foot youll start to not pur pressure on the injured part of that foot.

Though youll still need to use the foot but because the foot isn't designed to be used in the way youd now be using it. You'll be putting pressure on other muscles and ligaments to compensate.

Now consider the power and speed DCL has to put into his muscles to move at the level of a top athlete.

Every bit of it, it’s pure guess work - unless you’re his agent/mum/Thelwell

Not at all we know his deal to Newcastle broke down because of his wage demands and if Newcastle cant afford them we sure as hell cant.

Also he is a crocked striker that doesnt score goals, so how else is he going to get the money he wants?

Cant get it at everton because we cant afford it so he isnt signing a new contract. No body is going to buy him for the money we want and the wages he wants, are they?

Not at all we know his deal to Newcastle broke down because of his wage demands and if Newcastle cant afford them we sure as hell cant.

Also he is a crocked striker that doesnt score goals, so how else is he going to get the money he wants?

Cant get it at everton because we cant afford it so he isnt signing a new contract. No body is going to buy him for the money we want and the wages he wants, are they?
how do you know how much he was asking for?

Lol
It’s still all guess work! Newcastle would not pay what we wanted according to the press

He is not crocked

You have no idea what is going - none of us do - he’s on holiday.

He may leave, he may stay - let’s wait and see before getting pitchforks and jungle drums out

Not gonna lie - it's annoyed me that he not only won't sign a new deal but he basically walked away from the Newcastle talks if reports are to be believed..

It absolutely stinks of him preferring to run his contract down and considering how the club have treated him through everything is, frankly, an insult.
Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back