Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re just making stuff up
Except I'm clearly not. If DCL wishes to leave on a free next summer, which he may or may not, do you think such a decision would be based on the jeers of fans he's heard before or do you think it would be based on the opportunity to get the best possible deal for his professional career as a 28 y/o free agent?

(I'll give you a clue: it's not a trick question, just rhetorical)

….leaving on a Bosman is entirely his right. The one thing in our favour is that a particularly good season puts him in an even stronger position, whereas an injury laden unproductive 10 months weakens his bargaining power.

I expect he has his preferred destinations and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already spoken to clubs. Saying that, I still think it most likely he leaves this summer.

Except I'm clearly not. If DCL wishes to leave on a free next summer, which he may or may not, do you think such a decision would be based on the jeers of fans he's heard before or do you think it would be based on the opportunity to get the best possible deal for his professional career as a 28 y/o free agent?

(I'll give you a clue: it's not a trick question, just rhetorical)
It’s all hypothetical though and so, made up at this stage

You’re trying to tell us exactly why he’s leaving without even knowing if he is leaving

I hope he stays but will wait and see exactly what happens

I’m just happy we didn’t do a deal with Newcastle helping them with their FFP. Hopefully the Minteh deal falls through and they get a points deduction next season.
It could be not helping us either. We could still be over at this point. No one will actually properly know till around December/March,when we do accounts,as there has been that many firgues of amounts we are over by over the last month

Looks like this time next year is gonna be a blessing, Basically all the remains of the Deadwood Era that has Entrapt us for so long, will be finally out the door.

Just need to get working on Maups + Beto from Thellwells Reign, Dyche's contract will be up. We will basically be looking at a fresh start, With new owners and a new stadium..
Agree with most of that- Let’s see how Dyche performs next season.

Agreed.

He’s been offered a very generous deal considering how many games he’s missed through injury.

He should also reflect on the level of support the club has given him during his many injuries, particularly Dyche who has been very patient.
Did his initial injury get picked up on England duty?

The best outcome is he signs a new contract very soon.

But if he isn't going to sign a contract then he should be put on the transfer list and told he's not part of our plans and will be sold.

Hes not going anywhere. He wants stupid wages for a crocked striker that doesnt score.

The only way he'll get close to what he wants is by leaving on a free. So he'll leave on a free and we'll have to play him because the only way we could afford to replace him was by selling him.

….leaving on a Bosman is entirely his right. The one thing in our favour is that a particularly good season puts him in an even stronger position, whereas an injury laden unproductive 10 months weakens his bargaining power.

I expect he has his preferred destinations and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already spoken to clubs. Saying that, I still think it most likely he leaves this summer.
Agreed it’s his right but the club need to sort it out we can’t be held to ransom again he either signed even a 1 year extension or we sell for 15-20 million we have to stop losing money on transfers ,to replace him 30 million plus so we need to get something back to put towards it that’s why we are in this mess to many left with golden hand shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back