2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened?

Tried to read the thread but really don't understand
Minteh's off to Brighton and people have decided that it's DCL's fault. Because the lad who got booed off the pitch with a broken face by Everton fans should prioritise his employer before his family and their financial security, apparently. Or something. You'd have to ask JimmyNail92, he's apparently taking a quick break from leafleting for Reform to share his wisdom on this issue.

Personal opinion, he will see what the summer brings, if no better offers come in he will sign the contract we are offering. I do not see him leaving on a free transfer.

Minteh's off to Brighton and people have decided that it's DCL's fault. Because the lad who got booed off the pitch with a broken face by Everton fans should prioritise his employer before his family and their financial security, apparently. Or something. You'd have to ask JimmyNail92, he's apparently taking a quick break from leafleting for Reform to share his wisdom on this issue.
Financial security is a bit of a stretch mate I know he likes his chanel like

I would personally be suprised if he gets a better offer than Newcastle. Whilst he may not be getting 1st team football there, he's going to a side that is challenging for europe.

If his main desire is first team football, he could be getting this staying at EFC.

Reading between the lines, he wants to leave on a free & receive a handsome sign on fee next summer wherever he goes.

Whilst that is his perogative, it should not be accepted by the club or its fans/staff.
Spot on. I'm baffled a well-run, astute, ambitious, upwardly mobile club like Newcastle would be interested in a guy with DCL's numbers tbh. No idea who he thinks better than Newcastle will be falling over themselves to sign him. He probably is looking to leave on a free; at his age it'll be his last chance for a final big contract, if someone is willing to take him.

Financial security is a bit of a stretch mate I know he likes his chanel like
He's maximising his income from a short career. It's sensible. The same people bagging him for being a "rat" are the exact same people that have been giving him crap for years for his clothes, his friends, his injuries, whatever. They expect a loyalty from him towards the club that they have never afforded him during his time as a player for us.

Not every player that has left us has done us dirty. In fact, you can probably count those players on your fingers.

I can understand people being unhappy about DCL leaving. I certainly wish he was signing a new contract and staying.

However in the modern game it is as much about money as it is loyalty or even ambition.

However, the one thing that I feel is not in dispute is the courage of DCL as a player. He has taken several bad knocks, broken bones while playing for Everton.
He has been injured and then reinjured because he came back playing to help a struggling team before he should have.

Screenshot_20240629_185208_Google.webp

Well his agent is playing a blinder

Will either get him a new club on ridiculous wages or he will be cleaning boots for the next 12 months whilst Beto starts up front for us
DCL has just gone 20 games without scoring a single goal, yet was back in the starting line up virtually every week. His place in the team is untouchable under change-nothing Dyche. Methinks Beto can look forward to another season of 10 minute run outs and the occasional start against Barnsley in the EFL Cup.

DCL has just gone 20 games without scoring a single goal, yet was back in the starting line up virtually every week. His place in the team is untouchable under change-nothing Dyche. Methinks Beto can look forward to another season of 10 minute run outs and the occasional start against Barnsley in the EFL Cup.
His position is unfortunately untenable if he won’t sign a new contract

Dyche won’t have a say in the matter unless he wants 40000 fans lynching him

I think everyone would prefer mr testicles up front than a dcl who isn’t committed to the club and wants out

His position is unfortunately untenable if he won’t sign a new contract

Dyche won’t have a say in the matter unless he wants 40000 fans lynching him

I think everyone would prefer mr testicles up front than a dcl who isn’t committed to the club and wants out
I'd prefer Mr Bean or Mr Blobby upfront than a striker who bags six a year, but Dyche wont pick his team based on what the crowd thinks. He cares not one iota what other people think - he's proven that by playing Michael 'mistake machine' Keane 14 times in a row as soon as he arrived at the club.

Dyche will be the first to say DCL's contract siuation is nothing to do with him, his job is to pick the best team to win a game of football, and if DCL is here and he's fit and available for selection, he plays.

When a player is used more as troll bait towards those who don’t rate him rather than genuinely unifying the overall fan base , that’s not all that great is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back