2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I received a lot of grief a few years back from the usual grifters for calling out the shenanigans of DCL & Tom Davies in which, as is usually the case, I was correct in my assessment.

Man has turned down a club going places like Newcastle due to "personal terms".

DCL has always put his lifestyle over his football development. When he & Mr Davies could have been on the training ground/learning their craft and improving - they were often instead on the cat walk, playing fancy dress or out pictured purchasing expensive handbags, shoes and so on.

Football comes second to DCL, I do not have much of an issue with that if he is happy, but from the clubs perspective, he has never pushed himself to benefit the club in terms of his output.

Even now, instead of signing a new contract or moving to a club competing for europe, he looks to be willing to leave for nothing unless a club offers him bigger money / a more luxurious location like Milan or London.

It is no coincidence how his and Tom Davies careers have ended up.
I don’t know why you come to this conclusion, for instance just last summer Dom spent some of his personal time working on getting fit. And players can’t be on the training ground, or thinking about football, 24 hours a day - it wouldn’t be healthy either physically or mentally.
    • 8 August 2023
Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin is hopeful that the worst of his injury problems are behind him after a positive summer building up his fitness.
Injuries have limited Calvert-Lewin's playing time during the past two seasons, but he says he is already feeling the benefits of a summer trip to Germany, where he engaged in a fitness programme which involved yoga and advanced neuro-training.
"It was my off-time anyway but the club allowed me to go there and do my work in a different environment with a more holistic approach, just to rectify things that have been going wrong," the England striker told BBC Radio Merseyside.
"It was important for me as well to know that I'm working in the right direction. I couldn't rest in the summer too much so I didn't take that much time off. I was happy doing the work. It was a different approach which has led me to this point and I feel great now.
"It's been a team effort. I went to Germany, then coming back into Finch Farm with the physios and working with them closely here, and just building my load each week. It's been a strategy and a good approach, a lot of attention to detail that is trying to put what went wrong right and that's the way it has gone in pre-season."