2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, not buying that.

Why would them not being able to shift a 32 year old who wouldnt be on crazy wages affect them from signing another striker?

It was basically a swap deal between dcl and minteh with payments not starting till next year. They wouldnt of need to to pay us anything.

How much would they make on a injury prone 32 year old in the last year of their contract? £2-3m?

Sounds extremely suspect to me tbh
They were really really worried about PSR so it wouldn't be that surprising if they panicked when a sale fell through and left them thinking adding to the wage bill and losing money from wasn't a good plan.

They can make it quite uncomfortable for them though, only need to see Niasses treatment under edamhead and more recently Demarai Gray said it was basically made clear he had no chance of playing hence the move to the ME.
If a footballer has annything about them they will go for the good of their careers imo.

That said, If DCL doesn’t sign this window, I think he will be played as often as he can be, think the club let it play out and see where the cards fall at the end of the season.
That wasn't what happened with Gray he wanted to goto Saudi all along but the club said we had better offers from other places so he couldn't just choose his own club we were selling him to the highest bidder thats why he got a titty lip on not because he didn't want to leave.

Or it risked busting their wage structure? Wilson + DCL is a much higher wage than Wilson + Minteh.

They were really really worried about PSR so it wouldn't be that surprising if they panicked when a sale fell through and left them thinking adding to the wage bill and losing money from wasn't a good plan.

I do understand that could be a factor but it'll cost them more in the long run which doesn't make any sense if they are struggling with psr.

Surely if they were struggling so much they would of just taken the hit on wilsons wages in order to make the 30m on the minteh deal and pay nothing till next season on a player they want.

Now they'll have to pay us money this season for DCL if they still want him (as reported they still do) because theres no incentive for us to do that deal structure. Which means the down payment on DCL will be more then wilsons wages, which again makes no sense.

I do understand that could be a factor but it'll cost them more in the long run which doesn't make any sense if they are struggling with psr.

Surely if they were struggling so much they would of just taken the hit on wilsons wages in order to make the 30m on the minteh deal and pay nothing till next season on a player they want.

Now they'll have to pay us money this season for DCL if they still want him (as reported they still do) because theres no incentive for us to do that deal structure. Which means the down payment on DCL will be more then wilsons wages, which again makes no sense.
I've got no idea like just wouldn't necessarily it didn't happen that way because I can see how it could have.

i think dyche will continue to play him and hope that he can somehow convince dom to sign a new contract at some point during the season

sounds similar to when nketiah was about to leave arsenal and then at the last minute he signed a new contract
Who knows why Nketiah opted for a new deal (💰) but I wonder what he's thinking now, having never really established himself as the No9 Arsenal really want, often is just a sub off the bench, and is currently being priced out of a move if reports of £40-50m asking price is close to true.

Dyche will definitely play DCL, whether or not DCL will lock himself into a long term contract when he's under no pressue to do so and can explore all his options in 6-12 months remains to be seen.

I was referring to what he would be doing in the scenario me and Jake were discussing. Again, hypothetical.

Right now we don't know if he's doing that, talking to other clubs, or about to sign a new deal.

I still don't think he's the kinda guy to do a Barkley on us, maybe he is, but until we know I still have the belief he wouldn't.
I'd certainly like him to stay but either way for me it has to be resolved soon for all parties sake that includes us, the fans.

That wasn't what happened with Gray he wanted to goto Saudi all along but the club said we had better offers from other places so he couldn't just choose his own club we were selling him to the highest bidder thats why he got a titty lip on not because he didn't want to leave.
I mean he says otherwise here, but IDK you sound pretty convincing 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean he says otherwise here, but IDK you sound pretty convincing 🤷🏻‍♂️
He says that he'd been told he had no chance of playing in that article? I can't see it anywhere must be my eyes.

He says that he'd been told he had no chance of playing in that article? I can't see it anywhere must be my eyes.
IMG_8629.jpeg

Well I could have told him that.

He said he was "totally out of the picture." I don't think he meant the team photo.
But he doesn't say he was told it does he? Feeling like the manager isn't going to pick you every game and being told you're not going to play at all are not even close to being the same thing. At the time everyone was speculating that Dyche was freezing him out but Dyche said it was Gray who had refused to train and told the club that he'd sorted out a move for himself and thats why he hadn't featured. That would basically be defamation if it wasn't true and yet Gray has never stated it wasn't so the obvious conclusion to draw is that it was. We're going off topic anyway but what i was saying was relevant in the first place to the situation Dom is in.

You made a few points i thought were without substance. still..
Overhyped. Yes.
More to do with we cant get half a dozen good games out of him through a season more than the rate.
Haven't you ever thought that the lengthly injury Abscence and the massive change of his role in the team since 'Carlo' might have played a part in that.

Anyway, like ive said before, it's about Opinions. Everyone has there own and we just 'Differ' there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.