2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like DCL as a player, but where exactly is he expecting to go and be the main man?
Maybe he doesn't expect to be the main man. Perhaps in a years time, as a 28 year old free agent in his peak years, he'd be happy to be a squad player at the likes of a Villa or Spurs or Chelsea type team (play every 2nd or 3rd game, play in Europe, be in the mix for trophies, and getting a big wage because he didn't cost the club anything).

Wages? I’m not sure what he’s even on. Swear he’s on less than even Doucoure.

If we offered a new contract, i'd imagine it would be more than what Brentford would offer is what i mean.

Insanely, Brentford's top earner last year was Neal Maupey (sigh) at 49.000 £ a month.

Surely that's a come down from Everton though ? I know we've been down in the dumps the last few years but would you rather be Evertons number 9 or Brentfords ? Where would that be a win for DCL, can't understand that matey.

I mean I’d say a sideways step right now. He’ll want a European team, or a team with those aspirations. I suspect his new family would play a part and footballers like London.

No he’s not? He’s letting his contract run out naturally, which he’s legally entitled to do, then he’ll be unemployed, then he’ll seek new employment.

It’s not semantics, it’s the law.

If I got offered a 6 month job somewhere, I accepted, turned up, wanted to work it but probably not stay on, then 3 months in they make me stay at home, I could go after them.

You’re letting your hatred for Dom cloud using your brain.
I agree with you on this matter btw but didn't you tell us Dom ' Didn't seem like the kind of guy who would run his contract down and leave on a free'?
Now you're telling us that's exactly what he's doing.
I explained in detail after you'd asked me why I thought he'd run his contract down.
I think you're letting your fondness of Dom cloud your brain.

Where? What stick does he get? He's got 8 goals in open play in 3 years. You think that not questionable? And if questioned then thats classed as giving him stick? Behave. There isnt a forward in world football with those stats that wouldnt be.
It was a valid point about does he ever score goals created for himself because i cant really remember any. Are you suggesting that forwards at other clubs even around us dont occasionally do that? If calvert lewin had scored that goal that the luton striker scored against us at the end of the season a few on here would have declared a bank holiday.
After 3 years of virtually nothing out of him(injuries or poor form) you think his position at the club warrants no debate other than thinking the sun shines out of his arse?
You could of saved my eyes, and just said you don't rate the lad...

Footy player, model AND comedian.

Fair play to him
Is he good enough to cut the mustard as first choice No9 for any team in the top half? Probably not.
As a free transfer, on reasonable wages, as a squad player for a 6th/7th place side, would there be interested parties? You'd have to think so.

Is he good enough to cut the mustard as first choice No9 for any team in the top half? Probably not.
As a free transfer, on reasonable wages, as a squad player for a 6th/7th place side, would there be interested parties? You'd have to think so.

He won't be on reasonable wages though, his next contract whether us or elsewhere will be pushing 100k a week.

I think he will stay and sign a new contract on stupid wages myself, no top club will want him, and he'll sign a new contract.

He won't be on reasonable wages though, his next contract whether us or elsewhere will be pushing 100k a week.

I think he will stay and sign a new contract on stupid wages myself, no top club will want him, and he'll sign a new contract.
Therein is my point. £100k a week to a player with zero transfer fee would be chicken feed to the likes of a Spurs or Villa or Chelsea or Newcastle etc. The real top clubs wont be interested, but those clubs a little lower down are already paying those kind of wages (and more!) to players on top of 8 figure transfer fees.

If DCL doesn't demand the earth and was happy to be a squad player, there's likely to be a number of clubs who would be interested if he was available on a free transfer.

All the better then..
And I think the Friedkin group will start looking at the wages we've happily just splashed out at this club as it has been a major part of our downfall..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back