2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be brutally honest here, mate. I'm going to listen to every manager he's played under that has had him starting every game and every pundit I have heard all of whom praise him, before you on this one.

bit of a stretch this though init

it's well known our recruitment has been abysmal, and still 7 years or so since lukaku left, we havent yet replaced him, so DCL has played more so that our other options have been genuinely terrible rather than DCL is some sort of star.

the same way michael keane played almost every game for every manager before lampard came in and saw him for what he was/is, a donkey.

Haven't you ever thought that the lengthly injury Abscence and the massive change of his role in the team since 'Carlo' might have played a part in that.

Anyway, like ive said before, it's about Opinions. Everyone has there own and we just 'Differ' there.

No not really tbh. If you take out a 10-15 game spell he had under Ancelotti(goals dried up after Xmas) he wasnt rated that much by many Everton fans. Lets be honest he's lived off that aug to dec run 4 years ago.
He's alright. Nothing more nothing less. He'll have some days where he leads the line really well. Other days nothing.
The point that came up from another poster about he hardly ever scores goals off his own back was i thought spot on. And the goal at luton i thought was a great example as it was against Everton. If that ball had been into Dom id say he'd have made nothing of it and the cry would have been what do you expect with that kind of service. Yet the lad who was in a side that got relegated made something of it and scored. I dont ever see Dom doing this.
I dont mind him. But the lad seems untouchable on here with some and its bizare seeing as his game is limited in so many areas.

bit of a stretch this though init

it's well known our recruitment has been abysmal, and still 7 years or so since lukaku left, we havent yet replaced him, so DCL has played more so that our other options have been genuinely terrible rather than DCL is some sort of star.

the same way michael keane played almost every game for every manager before lampard came in and saw him for what he was/is, a donkey.
I’m mean the fact that Carlo “one of the best managers in history” wanted him at madrid surely tells you something?!
The only people that don’t rate dcl is our fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.