2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do better and you won't hear from me.

honestly you arrouse me when you talk like this.

It's why gay guys love you so much you little rascal

1720612457416.webp

If Dom doesn't want to sign a new contract, then we have some calculations to do.

One, we shouldn't just give him away. If someone meets our valuation or comes close, then we should sell early in the window to get a proper replacement in. I haven't lost hope on Beto or Chermiti, but we need another striker.

Dom can't score goals. Well, I mean technically he can, but he's not a natural goalscorer. He's not clinical. However, he is in my opinion elite in the air and as an outlet when we are relieving pressure. In theory we should be able to find a replacement for that without breaking the bank.

What can't happen is we run down the clock and sell Dom at the 11th hour of the window - that would be suicide.

If Dom doesn't command the fee we want, then I think we just roll with him and run down his contract. Better to have him for this season than to just give him away.

If Dom doesn't want to sign a new contract, then we have some calculations to do.

One, we shouldn't just give him away. If someone meets our valuation or comes close, then we should sell early in the window to get a proper replacement in. I haven't lost hope on Beto or Chermiti, but we need another striker.

Dom can't score goals. Well, I mean technically he can, but he's not a natural goalscorer. He's not clinical. However, he is in my opinion elite in the air and as an outlet when we are relieving pressure. In theory we should be able to find a replacement for that without breaking the bank.

What can't happen is we run down the clock and sell Dom at the 11th hour of the window - that would be suicide.

If Dom doesn't command the fee we want, then I think we just roll with him and run down his contract. Better to have him for this season than to just give him away.
I have a differing outlook as you stated he hasn't been profilic except for the covid season with carlo. Since we acquired him for 5 million from sheffield even a 25-30 million transfer would be a boost for the financial fair play component and i think if we're savvy enough (yes this part involves a level of competence that is rarely displayed by everton in the recent years) I think we could find a decent replacement for a similar price while chermeti continues to adapt to the league

Only thing we need to calculate is his bus fare.....one way.
Same for anyone else who doesnt want to play for us.

I have a differing outlook as you stated he hasn't been profilic except for the covid season with carlo. s
Since we acquired himfor 5 million from sheffield even a 25-30 million transfet would be a boost for the financial fair play component and i think if we're savvy enough (yes this part involves a level of competence that is rarely displayed by everton in the recent years) I think we could find a decent replacement for a similar price while chermeti continues to adapt to the league
I'm holding out hope if Dom goes early we can do this.

If he goes late, we have zero chance, and although we'd have cash, we'd be in a much worse squad position

I'm holding out hope if Dom goes early we can do this.

If he goes late, we have zero chance, and although we'd have cash, we'd be in a much worse squad position
Definitely concur , hopefully we can continue this momentum that we've already initiated with making deals otherwise like you alluded to we've seen that panicked mad dash for a replacement after we've sold someone at the end of the window and it usually ends poorly , so a more concrete plan from kev regarding squad changes would be lovely

I agree somewhat. In spite of Hojlund's promise, I feel like a more "seasoned" pro like DCL would benefit United more than some of their (and our) fans would like to think. Of course, United have van Nistelrooij to train their strikers now as well. Not many better to learn from at Premier League level than him.

DCL is 27 now. His finishing is pathetic for a PL striker, that isnt getting any better now.

UTD fans get frustrated with Rashford and he's twice the player. DCL wouldnt last 6 games at UTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back