2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering when he first broke into the team and coming off the bench I thought he weakened us as a team but we persevered as he was learning his trade. Moving forward a couple of years when he was half decent he signs a long contract.
The shape of the team is played around Dom and we look ok. We get him into the England side and then injury strikes. I believe he has a toe injury which he did whilst at home. Other injuries occur as he was trying to get back to fitness. Partly due to a manager that should not be name.

Everton stuck by him as our main man up top. Paying handsome wages without much back. This has rolled on for 3 years and now wants to leave.
I would say we look better balanced when he plays.
Don’t care about his off field modelling or anything like that. That’s the society we live in now.
To say I’m disappointed with his actions is an understatement. I think he owes the club a lot more than he’s given.
I’d rather he just leaves the club and we move on.
A very good summary of the situation imo Richard

I’d say DCL would be an upgrade on Hojlund in terms of current pedigree. The former obviously has time to improve.

If he wants to go and there is money on the table then that’s that. Life goes on, for better or worse.
This would be the Hojlund that outscored Dom by 3 goals in his debut year, yeah?

This thread is filled with delusional people.

I cant imagine Beto having a worse goal return than DCL if he was our main striker.
Goal return wise, yeah probably not. You could say that about most top flight strikers though.

It takes more than just scoring goals (but scoring more whoever it is would be nice...)

Hojlund plays with better players than DCL does.

There is an argument to be made that DCL would score more with better players around him, same as any player.
This is pure delusion.

The Hojlund lad walked into a new league, a new country, and a new team. He struggled to find his feet and then scored more than Dom has ever managed in all but 2 of his 8 seasons here.

Some of you overrate him so much it is beyond a parody.

Probably been on the cards for as long as he's had it in his head that he's embroiled in a feud with the fans.

It shouldn't be too difficult to replace somebody who's basically a more aesthetically pleasing Chris Wood, but Thelwell's record of buying strikers doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe he'll do better if price restrictions aren't as tight this time around, though.

If it's United, I doubt he'll last long there. Scoring more than he manages for Everton isn't the same as scoring enough to satisfy a club with high standards.

This is pure delusion.

The Hojlund lad walked into a new league, a new country, and a new team. He struggled to find his feet and then scored more than Dom has ever managed in all but 2 of his 8 seasons here.

Wed all bite a hand of, if we could swap DCL for Hojlund.

That pretty much settles that.

If it's United, I doubt he'll last long there. Scoring more than he manages for Everton isn't the same as scoring enough to satisfy a club with high standards.
DCL's best season with us was when we had James etc supplying him. Utd have Fernandes and Garnacho etc. I reckon he'd do fine there, quite possibly 20 goals again with all the competitions they'll be in, and I never thought he'd get over 20 with us.

DCL's best season with us was when we had James etc supplying him. Utd have Fernandes and Garnacho etc. I reckon he'd do fine there, quite possibly 20 goals again with all the competitions they'll be in, and I never thought he'd get over 20 with us.
It'd be a good test of my theory that his improved composure was a result of there being no fans in the stadium.

This is pure delusion.

What are you on about?

All I said was that its only natural that players will generally play better when they have better players around them.

How is that delusion? It's common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.