2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, could be that, age, comfort and confidence in his own ability. Only real test is if he gets a decent creator(s) of good quality chances around him, which seems unlikely here.
If he's good enough to step up, now's the time.

There are some I'm sad to see go, but I never begrudge them the chance to test themselves. It's a short career after all.

Hojlund plays with better players than DCL does.

There is an argument to be made that DCL would score more with better players around him, same as any player.

There is an argument that if he plays they will not be able to play decent attacking football as his passing , hold up play, lay offs atc are not good enough to improve what they already have.
They play against teams that park the bus most weeks and dom is not what I would call an intricate footballer

he isnt even one of the best in the PL, never mind Europe! some crazy shouts about DCl in this forum

This is the thread/forum if you look back a few weeks had posters genuinely suggesting calvert lewin for the euros over olly watkins.

I sometimes think this thread should be locked and any non Everton fans not be allowed to view as its factor 5 cringe at times.

There is an argument that if he plays they will not be able to play decent attacking football as his passing , hold up play, lay offs atc are not good enough to improve what they already have.
They play against teams that park the bus most weeks and dom is not what I would call an intricate footballer
I agree mate. I also reckon DCL has been wasted at Everton as a lone striker. Looks more at home in a Fellaini type of position 10 yards outside the box...problem was when we did see him there we had no runners surging forward....a lone 9 with a team set up to feed him is a disaster as now proved.
Ten Hag will use him as a big 10 I reckon with the likes of Garnanco amd Hojlund, Rashford feeding off him...they have pace in that team he can hold up and feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back