2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a champions league team not a top side? Hes scored 17.5 goals a season in his 4 seasons with Villa. It seems hes been one of the most lethal considering how consistently he has been top 10, one only 3 others have managed.

His stats last season were just unbelievable. 19 goals. NO PENS. 13 assists.
To put that into perspective.
Haaland 27 goals 8 pens 5 assists.
Salah 18 goals. 7 pens. 8 assists.

This will go down to the wire im afraid. Ideally he should be sold asap but im afraid he will stay. Im not sure wich would be worse option him signing a contract or him leaving as a free agent

Hopefully this is sorted soon. I doubt the lad would throw a strop and refuse to play or anything like that , though the longer the speculation lingers the more risk there is of a bad atmosphere between him and more fans and no one wants that.

When you watch that Watkins goal last night, that is something that is all too often missing from DCL's game. Quickly make a bit of space for yourself and get your shot away with no hesitation. Thinking about it, I can only think of one goal like that he's scored, West Ham away last season.

Whether it's for us or for someone else, that's the part of his game that needs improving the most.

No, it really is that he can't finish. I think that goal a couple weeks ago was that first he scored outside the box. He's really really good at just about everything to be a top class striker except being even average at finishing. Give him Ollie Watkins finishing ability and he'd be a top 5 striker, even higher maybe. Dom really is poor at finishing.
Said this in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back