2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which case he will be a year older and will be coming off a really crap season, probably scoring 5 goals. No one is going to play up front for us and look like a £130k a week striker if half arsing it. It’s hard to look good for us even giving 100%. He might then be a free agent, but he won’t get a massive payday, or a club in the mix for trophies. He will end up at newly promoted Luton or Leeds.
Probably Leeds.

That’s the operating procedure when you want to keep a player.

What I am asking is why would we even be bothered to keep DCL at this point?
Because we have a number of areas to fix in the team and precious little money to solve those issues, given tat we presumably have to also pay first installments in Beto and Chermitti. Getting a striker who scores between 5 and 10 a season would still cost more whilst trying to fund a new stadium

Because we have a number of areas to fix in the team and precious little money to solve those issues, given tat we presumably have to also pay first installments in Beto and Chermitti. Getting a striker who scores between 5 and 10 a season would still cost more whilst trying to fund a new stadium
We could just use Beto and Chermiti

That’s the operating procedure when you want to keep a player.

What I am asking is why would we even be bothered to keep DCL at this point?
If he’s good and scores semis regularly- then we get value for the season and an extra season of not having to pay for an immediate replacement whilst during the same period seeing how Beto / Chermitti gets on (even if DCL ends up going on a free)….if he is injury prone / poor / both we can choose not to extend. If he has said no to a new contract offer, I’d be withdrawing the offer on the table.

lies it’s simply not good enough
I am going to regret saying this somehow I’m sure but I will anyway: I think Beto is at least as good as DCL. And tbh I have more hope Beto will remember to shoot the ball into the net than Dom will.

Also I hated and still hate the Beto signing fwiw. But we did it. So on to the next choice.

I am going to regret saying this somehow I’m sure but I will anyway: I think Beto is at least as good as DCL. And tbh I have more hope Beto will remember to shoot the ball into the net than Dom will.

Also I hated and still hate the Beto signing fwiw. But we did it. So on to the next choice.

you have regretted it now! 😂

Also I hated and still hate the Beto signing fwiw. But we did it. So on to the next.
He is a decent finisher and more of a run onto the ball type. It's hard to fully judge him though because he's very raw. He does not have the all round hold up and ariel ability that Dom brings though and likely never will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.