2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s good and scores semis regularly- then we get value for the season and an extra season of not having to pay for an immediate replacement whilst during the same period seeing how Beto / Chermitti gets on (even if DCL ends up going on a free)….if he is injury prone / poor / both we can choose not to extend. If he has said no to a new contract offer, I’d be withdrawing the offer on the table.

He hasn’t said no, just the offer is just ‘as it was’, no answer either way.

I just can’t see what team is going to pay money for DCL. Maybe Aston Villa as a replacement for Duran but not at the price we want.

When you watch that Watkins goal last night, that is something that is all too often missing from DCL's game. Quickly make a bit of space for yourself and get your shot away with no hesitation. Thinking about it, I can only think of one goal like that he's scored, West Ham away last season.

Whether it's for us or for someone else, that's the part of his game that needs improving the most.
Proper centre forward's goal. Took a touch, hit it through the defenders legs and across the keeper into the corner of the net, text book. Calvert Lewin brings a lot to the table, but, finishes like that are not among them.

Okay I'm a little flabbergasted to read that as iwobi seemed to be the only player yoy ever discussed in a remotely positive light is there a player that you actually rated on this squad?
Money is more important to us basically. You get a real offer for a player and you sell them. We’re in a very simple spot.

Is a champions league team not a top side? Hes scored 17.5 goals a season in his 4 seasons with Villa. It seems hes been one of the most lethal considering how consistently he has been top 10, one only 3 others have managed.
To be fair, looking at his PL strike rate (0.4), it's the same as the likes of Torres and Berbatov.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I've always seen him as somebody who finds so many chances that he gets away with being a bit erratic with his finishing. I do genuinely mean that more as a compliment towards his overall game, especially his movement.

As for Villa, I think you need to qualify a couple of times on the bounce before you're really a Champions League club.

I am starting to think who would pay what we want and also give him the wages he wants? Could we end up just keeping him for the season
Wouldn't surprise me if 'West Ham offered that Antonio for him' then again Moyes ain't there anymore.

We Won't be getting what we want for him, that's 1 thing. ( Unless Friedkin sends us Abraham as a deal )

Would like to see Dominic Calvert-Lewin staying at Everton, but good luck to the lad in whatever he decides to do.
I’d be disappointed if he just sees contract out and moves for free.

We gave him his break and he has done very well financially out of us. Yes, he needs to set himself up etc but massive offer there now and he knows state of club. He’ll still be well set up for life if he gets a good offer now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back