2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man come on!

could be a good option, but can't see it, havent they, or just about to sign that zirkzee? if it's true that tory biff if holding back on spending, are they going to sign a 30m second backup striker?

United finished last season playing 4-4-2 with McTominay as a makeshift striker. They currently only have Hojlund on their books, so Zirkzee AND DCL does make sense from their perspective.

United finished last season playing 4-4-2 with McTominay as a makeshift striker. They currently only have Hojlund on their books, so Zirkzee AND DCL does make sense from their perspective.
I’d say DCL would be an upgrade on Hojlund in terms of current pedigree. The former obviously has time to improve.

If he wants to go and there is money on the table then that’s that. Life goes on, for better or worse.

I’d say DCL would be an upgrade on Hojlund in terms of current pedigree. The former obviously has time to improve.

If he wants to go and there is money on the table then that’s that. Life goes on, for better or worse.

21 year old hojlund scored more goals last season, his debut season in the "toughest" league in the world, than DCL has in 3 years, how on earth is DCL currently a better option

I agree somewhat. In spite of Hojlund's promise, I feel like a more "seasoned" pro like DCL would benefit United more than some of their (and our) fans would like to think. Of course, United have van Nistelrooij to train their strikers now as well. Not many better to learn from at Premier League level than him.

With the seeds of optimism around Everton at the moment, ie early transfer business. possible new and wealthy owners and a stadium about to go live I hope our club think this DCL matter through properly.
If there is any inkling whatsoever he is not keen on staying with us I hope we call it a day with him and assist to get his shipped out. If he's happy and signs a new contract then great, but they must put Everton first this time and have no passengers running down contracts ever again.
On the flipside, the Richarlison rumours. This lad has now had a taste of moving to a club who were tipped as top 4 Champions league fodder, he's been there now and done that, the grass wasn't greener.
If he did come back on loan or whatever I think we'd see a Brazil no9 busting a gut for us week in week out.

I agree somewhat. In spite of Hojlund's promise, I feel like a more "seasoned" pro like DCL would benefit United more than some of their (and our) fans would like to think. Of course, United have van Nistelrooij to train their strikers now as well. Not many better to learn from at Premier League level than him.
Hojlund definitely has more upside and youth on his side. As you say, I think DCL might do better there than some would think. Despite it being not the best Utd team, he’d get miles better service than he does here.

We can criticise DCL’s goal return in recent seasons, but the team has also been pretty bad all round so….

I’m not that bothered if he goes, it’s a concern but what no point worrying about it if he wants to go.

I'll let you go to wiki and recheck that before I say anything else mate.

:lol:

Oh changing the goalposts because your wrong again.

We won't count his goals against bayern Munich etc in the champions league then.

Fair enough pal.

Why would we count his goals in the Champions League when your post was:

21 year old hojlund scored more goals last season, his debut season in the "toughest" league in the world, than DCL has in 3 years,

Of course he scored more goals in a competion Dom can't play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back