2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the rest after you complained he can't pass the ball as well as Harry Kane.

I didn't read the whole thing. I spotted the word Kane.

"He holds the ball up well and lays it off well, again to his strength, passing in a team that plays better football is different, for example could he pass a ball like kane does? Absolutely not"

so again, you read the whole thing except "absolutely not"

I can't see any club wanting to pay Dom more that we already do. That's not that I don't rate him, when he's fit and in form, he can be a beast. It's the injury records, and the long spells without scoring that goes against him.

Maybe being an off contract player means that a club can pay him more, but it's a shady move to walk away without the club taking a transfer fee, the club that gave the opportunity and supported through all the injuries. Also the club that has been paying high wages for years. It will definitely tarnish his reputation if he walks for free, even if we will be forever thankful for the palace diving header.

that feller from Luton who's just got relegated would instantly come in and do the same, if not better and more consistent job, and probably cost half the price.

Do we want a relegated striker though? We often get linked, or fans here saying "lets get xxxx" (who just went down)... I'd like to hope we are in the market for a player that is (praying) better than a relegated level player. (Not saying that the Luton lad wouldn't do as good a job, or maybe even better than DCL)...

Do we want a relegated striker though? We often get linked, or fans here saying "lets get xxxx" (who just went down)... I'd like to hope we are in the market for a player that is (praying) better than a relegated level player.

oh ye deffo, hopefully thewell can pull someone out the bag who will be class.

Barkley does this- he's a filthy rat and never should be seen in goodison again

Dcl does this- OH GOOD LUCK MATE.

I don't mean you in this because your post is fair, but the way some people react about this fraud is genuinely concerning

Best of luck to him, top player on his day, suspect he'd bag a fair few more goals with less injuries and service even a fraction of what he got from the likes of James, Digne and Sigurdsson.

He's been here 7/8 years, only cost us 1.5 mil and is now one of our leading goalscorers of the Premier League era.

Sometimes a person just needs a change in their life and maybe we need a change from hanging our hat on him.
Cost us £1.5 mill and goes for nothing ! Great another loss on a transfer, kin thelwell

Cost us £1.5 mill and goes for nothing ! Great another loss on a transfer, kin thelwell

what does it matter what he signed for? even if he cost us 50 million 8 years ago, his book value would be nothing now anyway, so anything we potentially get now would be pure profit and enable us to replace him

another classic.

give me the resources of kevin thelwell and the rest of the scouts and time they have had and i'd find a striker who could do a job.

anyone can name a few strikers at the top of the scoring charts, or football manager.

that feller from Luton who's just got relegated would instantly come in and do the same, if not better and more consistent job, and probably cost half the price.
I do feel like Adebayo gets praise from some of our fans purely based on his one game against us.

He did alright last season when he was able to play, he is often injured though and doesn't have a great record before last season really. I think I would prefer Carlton Morris if we were to go the Luton route as he is a nuisance.

Ideally though I would like some gem that nobody knows anything about. We mark players cards far too easily.

another classic.

give me the resources of kevin thelwell and the rest of the scouts and time they have had and i'd find a striker who could do a job.

anyone can name a few strikers at the top of the scoring charts, or football manager.

Think we're undermining Dom's all round game. He's one of the best in the league/Europe for his off the ball work and positioning.

It will always be his finishing that he'll lack

But a wise move for United to have him as a backup striker.

I do feel like Adebayo gets praise from some of our fans purely based on his one game against us.

He did alright last season when he was able to play, he is often injured though and doesn't have a great record before last season really. I think I would prefer Carlton Morris if we were to go the Luton route as he is a nuisance.

Ideally though I would like some gem that nobody knows anything about. We mark players cards far too easily.

It's all getting a bit Marcus Bent, Brett Angel level shouts here at the moment

Think we're undermining Dom's all round game. He's one of the best in the league/Europe for his off the ball work and positioning.

It will always be his finishing.

But a wise move for United to have him as a backup striker.
oh man come on!

could be a good option, but can't see it, havent they, or just about to sign that zirkzee? if it's true that tory biff if holding back on spending, are they going to sign a 30m second backup striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back