2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will probs move to a team whose game plan is to actually use wingers and have midfielders who can pass forward.
This is the one bit I dont get.

keep seeing people say " wait till he goes to a team that plays football he will do well'

the problem is there, he's not a very good footballer, he can't pass, he csnt dribble, he's technically not very good, he can't shoot, his finishing is abysmal. We play to his strengths which are knocking long for him to hold the ball up, and whipping it in the box to see if he can get his head on it, or some sort of deflection.

keep seeing people say " wait till he goes to a team that plays football he will do well'

the problem is there, he's not a very good footballer, he can't pass, he csnt dribble, he's technically not very good, he can't shoot, his finishing is abysmal. We play to his strengths which are knocking long for him to hold the ball up, and whipping it in the box to see if he can get his head on it, or some sort of deflection.
Yeah I struggle with this. Let him go to a team that plays "good football". Meanwhile he got outscored by both lads from Luton Town, a lad called Rodrigo at Fulham and Chris Wood (scored twice as many).

He's good in the air and puts himself about a bit ill give him that like.

i do think he will be missed especially in Dyche’s system, which i think he’s probably perfect for. His hold up and aerial threat shouldn’t be under estimated imo. I don’t think he will be as easy to replace as finding someone who can score 7 goals a season.
Hopefully Beto will be better placed to use his physical presence this season, albeit i fear it’s not his natural game in the way Dom uses his size.
Would have been interesting to see what DCL could do with Ndiaye in behind him this season / playing off him.

If he goes i wish him health & happiness, but hope he spectacularly fails wherever he ends up, simply because he wont be an Everton player anymore.

He absolutely can pass, he very rarely gives the ball away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back