2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering when he first broke into the team and coming off the bench I thought he weakened us as a team but we persevered as he was learning his trade. Moving forward a couple of years when he was half decent he signs a long contract.
The shape of the team is played around Dom and we look ok. We get him into the England side and then injury strikes. I believe he has a toe injury which he did whilst at home. Other injuries occur as he was trying to get back to fitness. Partly due to a manager that should not be name.

Everton stuck by him as our main man up top. Paying handsome wages without much back. This has rolled on for 3 years and now wants to leave.
I would say we look better balanced when he plays.
Don’t care about his off field modelling or anything like that. That’s the society we live in now.
To say I’m disappointed with his actions is an understatement. I think he owes the club a lot more than he’s given.
I’d rather he just leaves the club and we move on.

Thought the writing was on the wall when he made the comment about not having a song of his own, after that Argie commentator started the 'Bella Ciao' one.

68 goals in all comps for us, and people still cry-arsed about him doing some modelling.

His name's not the best for a lyrical masterpiece, but in a world where you can afford everything, sometimes you crave the one thing you can't buy. Acceptance.
Especially when Beto walks straight in and fans instantly make up a song for him.

You don't sound particularly arsed to have him as our starting forward so why are you so bothered he's wanting to be sold?
I am arsed though. I think we look better with him in the side. I’m just disappointed with his attitude. I don’t want players that want to leave. I think he owes us. But with his attitude don’t waste time and let’s move on. That’s what I was saying.

Manure definitely tapping him up and unsettling him because we won’t do a deal for Jarrad.
I don’t think they will sign him at all.
Boys a fool

Thought the writing was on the wall when he made the comment about not having a song of his own, after that Argie commentator started the 'Bella Ciao' one.

68 goals in all comps for us, and people still cry-arsed about him doing some modelling.

His name's not the best for a lyrical masterpiece, but in a world where you can afford everything, sometimes you crave the one thing you can't buy. Acceptance.

Dudes in for a bit of a shock if he leaves, he will get pelters elsewhere for 5 goals a season from open play as a starting striker away from here.

I don’t get the whole the fans are hard on him here thing, if anything we paper of the cracks with him in a lot of ways.

I think the contract of 130k a week is very fair, maybe overly so, when you talk about acceptance.

He’s a bit of a cult hero here, bells ciao and all that, he’s not getting that elsewhere.

Like Radzinski before him I think he’s going to regret leaving.

Will probs move to a team whose game plan is to actually use wingers and have midfielders who can pass forward.

The problem then for him is finishing, he’s far from an elite finisher, especially with ball at feet. I don’t think other teams play to his strengths as much as we do.

Maybe somewhere like Fulham or West Ham in fact ithat would prob be the most logical moves for him.

Good luck to him if he goes. If he doesn’t want to sign not much we can do apart from get a decent fee for him.

A good footballer and been a good servant, but not the out and out goal scorer the club hung their hat on when Lukaku left.

Hasn’t had the best of service lot of of times apart from that season with James etc.

I am arsed though. I think we look better with him in the side. I’m just disappointed with his attitude. I don’t want players that want to leave. I think he owes us. But with his attitude don’t waste time and let’s move on. That’s what I was saying.

He's been here 8 years mate, I think he's allowed to try something new in football before he retires.

Dudes in for a bit of a shock if he leaves, he will get pelters elsewhere for 5 goals a season from open play as a starting striker away from here.

I don’t get the whole the fans are hard on him here thing, if anything we paper of the cracks with him in a lot of ways.

I think the contract of 130k a week is very fair, maybe overly so, when you talk about acceptance.

He’s a bit of a cult hero here, bells ciao and all that, he’s not getting that elsewhere.

Like Radzinski before him I think he’s going to regret leaving.

But he'll score more goals elsewhere than he would here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back