2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any tbh lol
Adebayo maybe!?
I only watch the PL
He's probably going to a better funded club but Duran from Aston villa looks promising , id inagine hes be 30-40 million and he seems to be a peripheral player for them for example , it not a simple task but with savvy diligence an effective striker can be found lol not like dom was banging them in on a frequent basis his holdup was still sound bur he was missing countless chances

No idea mate to be honest. It's a lot of guesswork.

I'm still frustrated that the Newcastle thing fell through. Thought that was absolutely ideal for us and thought they'd definitely offer him enough for him to go. Massive shame.
Newcastle hamstrung by the same nonsense PSR rules that keep them from upsetting the apple cart. They really seem to be counting pennies

He's probably going to a better funded club but Duran from Aston villa looks promising , id inagine hes be 30-40 million and he seems to be a peripheral player for them for example , it not a simple task but with savvy diligence an effective striker can be found lol not like dom was banging them in on a frequent basis his holdup was still sound bur he was missing countless chances
Dhuran looks good alright
Think West Ham might have stolen a march on him though, 35mil apparently so you were spot on

You only have to read this thread over the last few hours, people calling him a rat for wanting to leave.

The lad hasnt done anything wrong other than say that after 7 years he fancies a different challenge elsewhere.

He hasnt ratted us, hes given us months to sell him for whatever we can get.

If he said on the 31st August that he was off I could understand it, I guess most people that are calling him a rat must still be in the same job that had when they left school.

As ive said in the past, you aint changing peoples mind about him, he is either a 👑 or a 🐀.
Screenshot_20240629_185208_Google.webp

Best of luck to him, top player on his day, suspect he'd bag a fair few more goals with less injuries and service even a fraction of what he got from the likes of James, Digne and Sigurdsson.

He's been here 7/8 years, only cost us 1.5 mil and is now one of our leading goalscorers of the Premier League era.

Sometimes a person just needs a change in their life and maybe we need a change from hanging our hat on him.

No idea mate to be honest. It's a lot of guesswork.

I'm still frustrated that the Newcastle thing fell through. Thought that was absolutely ideal for us and thought they'd definitely offer him enough for him to go. Massive shame.
Sounds like them not being able to move Wilson on got in the way of that. Though Wilson didn't play often he seemed to score when he did 9 in 20 league appearances vs Calvert Lewin's 7 in 33 so if he gets some luck with injuries this season they'll probably be better off keeping Wilson)

will be interesting to see how Calvert Lewin does elsewhere because its not nailed on he goes and scores loads

Sell him and get someone who scores goals. Nice enough lad but nowhere near good enough to be held to ransom over.
Manager will need to change tactics, and we will.need to buy better players to provide for the strikers to score. Neither of which will happen.

Dcl is an excellent footballer for us in our current position.

Now approaching his prime, he will do well particularly if he goes to a team that play football, rather than the aggricultural carp we put out.

We will miss him when he goes. Hes given 7yrs, and been paid handsomely for it..good luck to him

I have nigbtmares that the real rat, Maupey will lead the line next season. God help us

Thought the writing was on the wall when he made the comment about not having a song of his own, after that Argie commentator started the 'Bella Ciao' one.

68 goals in all comps for us, and people still cry-arsed about him doing some modelling.

His name's not the best for a lyrical masterpiece, but in a world where you can afford everything, sometimes you crave the one thing you can't buy. Acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back