2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley deliberately tanked a medical so that Chelsea could get him cheaper 6 months later, it’s not even remotely the same

I mean he tanked the Newcastle deal because he wanted crazy wages. Which has cost us more then Barkley did and one of our main targets for the summer. Barkley was treated very badly by the manager who the club sided with. DCL on the other hand has been treated extremely well at the club and mostly by the fan base despite him talking about binning us off to go play CL after his first good season for us.

If he'd of asked for acceptable wages then id imagine we'd have our two wingers and a striker in by now.

Personally i think the impact his decision has had on us is worse then what Barkleys had. If you think what DCL did is okay then you cant complain about Barkley and vice versa.

He can't dribble past loads of players like Maradona either.

There are pros and cons to his game without a doubt. He isn't that great at running with the ball. I cant ever really remember him taking anyone on and going past them with the ball. He's not really an outlet over the top for a ball to chase. And he's not a great finisher.
Pros, he's had games he's led the line really well. If you supply a good cross he's good at attacking the ball with his head. Not so much with his feet.
His game is pretty limited tbf other than good days leading the line as a big centre forward.
He most certainly isnt irreplaceable.

There are pros and cons to his game without a doubt. He isn't that great at running with the ball. I cant ever really remember him taking anyone on and going past them with the ball. He's not really an outlet over the top for a ball to chase. And he's not a great finisher.
Pros, he's had games he's led the line really well. If you supply a good cross he's good at attacking the ball with his head. Not so much with his feet.
His game is pretty limited tbf other than good days leading the line as a big centre forward.
He most certainly isnt irreplaceable.
Nobody is irreplaceable.

I'm not bothered if he goes one way or the other to be honest (same with any players, more will come in) I just don't agree with the talk of him not being a useful player because I think he is. Would be interesting to see him playing without being constantly isolated, which I think has been an issue for all our strikers for years now.

Nobody is irreplaceable.

I'm not bothered if he goes one way or the other to be honest (same with any players, more will come in) I just don't agree with the talk of him not being a useful player because I think he is. Would be interesting to see him playing without being constantly isolated, which I think has been an issue for all our strikers for years now.
mate, has anyone said this?

the general consensus from people who arent bothered if he goes, is along the lines of what you have just said, he's a good player when on his game, but he can be replaced, and we SHOULD sell now given the contract situation

Nobody is irreplaceable.

Im a bit of the same. But some go on like the clubs going to collapse if he goes.

the general consensus from people who arent bothered if he goes, is along the lines of what you have just said, he's a good player when on his game, but he can be replaced, and we SHOULD sell now given the contract situation
Who would you replace him with?

Plenty of people say it, come on now.

Obviously we would need someone lined up to replace him, going ahead with just Beto and Chermiti would not be fun.

Who would you replace him with?

another classic.

give me the resources of kevin thelwell and the rest of the scouts and time they have had and i'd find a striker who could do a job.

anyone can name a few strikers at the top of the scoring charts, or football manager.

that feller from Luton who's just got relegated would instantly come in and do the same, if not better and more consistent job, and probably cost half the price.

Only asked a question mate. Fair enough.
another classic.

give me the resources of kevin thelwell and the rest of the scouts and time they have had and i'd find a striker who could do a job.

anyone can name a few strikers at the top of the scoring charts, or football manager.

that feller from Luton who's just got relegated would instantly come in and do the same, if not better and more consistent job, and probably cost half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back