2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t help feeling it’s just time for him to move on. Never looks happy, doesn’t score many and maybe it’s just time for a change.

We can debate it all we like but he’s been here a while now and hardly set the world alight. What’s the worst that can happen. No offence to him as a person or a player but I just think it’s time to try something different.
I agree for the most part, it's not the end of the world. Can't help thinking he's the perfect Dyche striker though and trying something different with this manager might not work

Also consider he wasn't really part for 2 of the 3 years.

Take the seasons he played most games and we're midtable. Is it a coincidence the 2 seasons we went to the wire, he didn't play much?

It's why I worry about losing him - i think his impact is underestimated and the margins down there are small.

Im not polarised on him, if he signs a deal sound, if not then hes a resource to be managed and the club need to be protected, he makes a contribution but hes not elite either in goal scoring or in overall contribution.

I think its a circular argument really mate, you can point to his good seasons, you can point to years we've struggled without him - overall with or without him he's unreliable - for context you can also look at the good seasons as us having better players - who equally made a huge contribution to those table finishes and bad ones when we sold them - so its not all on DCL.

Without him in the team we probably aren't as good as we relied on him as our Alpha striker - that created loss and vacuum - prob relying on him was a mistake in the three seasons before this. From a purely clinical point of view he hasn't been reliable for the last three seasons in terms of fitness or goal scoring. So we know how good we are with or without Dom as our Alpha striker - we dont know how good we would be without Dom and the ability to replace him as that Alpha striker and not have to rely on him. There were 45 players who scored more then him last season in the league - many of them not strikers - Doucoure is level with him as our joint top PL goal scorer. Can we improve on that - we have to...........

As i said it comes downs to perspective and your approach to risk or margins being down or could be improved.

Last edited:
We need to.

But for that, you need money, and time.

We've averaged 41 points over the last 3 seasons.

Small margins, lose that focal point/baseline of goals and it could be the difference between going down.

Last three year premier league;

Games: 114
Won: 32
Drawn: 27
Lost: 55
Goals Scored: 117
Goals Against: 174

From 342 points - we've earned 123.

We score 39 per season - an average of 1.03 per game.
We concede 58 per season - an average of 1.53 per game.

We absolutely can't get any worse in that final third.
He’s scored 14 goals over 3 seasons, 5 of which are penalties. He does win headers and all that, however the “baseline of goals” bit is probably a little overstated.

Im not polarised on him, if he signs a deal sound, if not then hes a resource to be managed and the club need to be protected, he makes a contribution but hes not elite either in goal scoring or in overall contribution.

I think its a circular argument really mate, you can point to his good seasons, you can point to years we've struggled without him - overall with or without him he's unreliable - for context you can also look at the good seasons as us having better players - who equally made a huge contribution to those table finishes and bad ones when we sold them - so its not all on DCL.

Without him in the team we probably aren't as good as we relied on him as our Alpha striker - that created loss and vacuum - prob relying on him was a mistake in the three seasons before this. From a purely clinical point of view he hasn't been reliable for the last three seasons in terms of fitness or goal scoring. So we know how good we are with or without Dom as our Alpha striker - we dont know how good we would be without Dom and the ability to replace him as that Alpha striker and not have to rely on him. There were 45 players who scored more then him last season in the league - many of them not strikers - Doucoure is level with him as our joint top PL goal scorer. Can we improve on that - we have to...........

As i said it comes downs to perspective and your approach to risk or margins being down or could be improved.
I don’t think he should be offered a new contract. Like it or not (I don’t!) we have Beto under contract and Chermiti is waiting in the wings. We kinda made the choice already imo.

Can’t help feeling it’s just time for him to move on. Never looks happy, doesn’t score many and maybe it’s just time for a change.

We can debate it all we like but he’s been here a while now and hardly set the world alight. What’s the worst that can happen. No offence to him as a person or a player but I just think it’s time to try something different.
Probably is time to go but he is always smiling

He’s scored 14 goals over 3 seasons, 5 of which are penalties. He does win headers and all that, however the “baseline of goals” bit is probably a little overstated.
He scored 30 goals in 18 months under Carlo.

Give him a proper manager, who knows how to football, give him players who know what a cross or a through ball looks like, then watch him fly.

Hes not and nobody is going to achieve anything under a manager who considers 0-0 a good result.

But anyway, Dyche isnt going anywhere, Dom doesnt wanna be here cos we are a basket case and he doesnt know if he will be paid next month, mans got a family to feed, so its best for everybody if he moves and graces another team with the best number 9 in the league.

DCL mate?

You talking improved terms on what's been offered or at all?
I wouldn’t offer him a new deal period. Assuming he’s looking for 4+ years that’s taking him last 30 and he already can barely stay fit. I get the feeling we’re going to get down the road and be looking to improve on him so I’d just not even waste the money and time having him around. Try to sell him this summer and if not he leaves. Is what it is.

He scored 30 goals in 18 months under Carlo.

Give him a proper manager, who knows how to football, give him players who know what a cross or a through ball looks like, then watch him fly.

Hes not and nobody is going to achieve anything under a manager who considers 0-0 a good result.

But anyway, Dyche isnt going anywhere, Dom doesnt wanna be here cos we are a basket case and he doesnt know if he will be paid next month, mans got a family to feed, so its best for everybody if he moves and graces another team with the best number 9 in the league.
James is not walking through that door.

I wouldn’t offer him a new deal period. Assuming he’s looking for 4+ years that’s taking him last 30 and he already can barely stay fit. I get the feeling we’re going to get down the road and be looking to improve on him so I’d just not even waste the money and time having him around. Try to sell him this summer and if not he leaves. Is what it is.

Really open minded on this take mate - word that I'm always left with is reliability.

What type of replacement would you like?

Would you have a worry about filling the vacuum in an alternative?

No one is bigger than the Club Everton.

Really open minded on this take mate - word that I'm always left with is reliability.

What type of replacement would you like?

Would you have a worry about filling the vacuum in an alternative?
Under Dyche I have no idea. I’m sort of hoping we won’t be looking for a replacement under Dyche.

I know people want to say stylistically Beto is different but I personally don’t really see that. He’s a Dyche center forward. So to me that’s your replacement. That’s why I said before we sort of made the choice already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back