2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
6476a50279303a592506ef6e_dcl-lead-landscape.jpg

He utterly reeks of on loan to Santa Clara in 12 months.
I can’t recall seeing that chermo shoot. Has anyone seen him try and score? Sure he has potential but I dunno why people are saying he’s shown anything particularly decent on the pitch apart from being able to run without looking like he’s put his boots on the wrong way round.

I can’t recall seeing that chermo shoot. Has anyone seen him try and score? Sure he has potential but I dunno why people are saying he’s shown anything particularly decent on the pitch apart from being able and to run without looking like he’s put his boots on the wrong way round.
Yeah im the same, people keep telling me hes looked good, the lads done nothing, in the very, very brief glimpses we have had.

I am certainly not writing him off, would love him to get a loan somewhere and get games, but till then, hes 15m we have spunked up a wall, again.

I think probably the fact that his two best seasons goal scoring wise came when we had more creative players in the team. Stick enough crosses on his bonce and he’ll score a few.

Same goes for any striker I imagine.

Just a bit of pointless sentence isn't it? A striker will score goals if he gets better chances doesn't exactly strike me as something that is specific to him personally. Especially with his conversion rate. Imagine Carlton Morris/Chris Wood/Awoniyi in a decent team etc.

Also consider he wasn't really part for 2 of the 3 years.

Take the seasons he played most games and we're midtable. Is it a coincidence the 2 seasons we went to the wire, he didn't play much?

It's why I worry about losing him - i think his impact is underestimated and the margins down there are small.
Is it a coincidence? No.

Do I think his fitness and ability to chip in with his 7 goals was a more important factor than who we had managing us? Also no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back