2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want him to sign a new contract but it isn’t looking likely, so it’s time to say sign or go. We need to get this club back to where it should be and [Poor language removed] footing around with stuff like this isn’t going to help. Club first.

They really aren’t, imo. How much would Chris Wood cost? That’s what DCL is worth.
Nobody is saying that's what their true worth is, they're saying that's what it will cost to convince us to sell them.

I keep seeing this from Yanks online.

If I want to buy your house and you don't want to sell it you won't just simply accept a bid for what it's actually worth, I would need to offer enough over it's actual value to make it worth your while.

It's the same thing with selling players under contract. I don't understand why do many have an issue understanding this concept.

Nobody is saying that's what their true worth is, they're saying that's what it will cost to convince us to sell them.

I keep seeing this from Yanks online.

If I want to buy your house and you don't want to sell it you won't just simply accept a bid for what it's actually worth, I would need to offer enough over it's actual value to make it worth your while.

It's the same thing with selling players under contract. I don't understand why do many have an issue understanding this concept.
Right but the thing is we should want to sell Dom.

Given our finances and the quality of our team we should want to sell everyone frankly.

Where does he go?
He might go to an Arsenal and be their plan B, Maybe Utd, Spurs (although i think they'll get Toney) or Chelsea but he won't be a starter.
Villa don't need him and he priced himself out of a move to Newcastle apparently.
If he's set on leaving, he'll either need to lower his demands and hope Newcastle come back in for him or maybe someone like a West Ham will pay him what he wants and he'll see moving to London as a good enough reason for a side ways move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back