2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but the thing is we should want to sell Dom.

Given our finances and the quality of our team we should want to sell everyone frankly.

I agree with you that if Dom doesn't want to extend he needs to be pushed out of the door for a return.

Why should we want to sell Branthwaite? His contract has another 3 years on it and he is one of our better players.

These sales only make sense when you operate under the assumption that however we use any money we get in return for those players will be spent wisely on better players. We all know that's not guaranteed.

Can we not compare
Of course, which means it’s a reasonable point to make in reference to DCL moving to a better team. He’s not irreplaceable but our other options in the squad currently are not as good.

Personally I’m not that bothered if he moves on. I just happen to think he’ll do alright in a good team if he stays fit.

It's more that so called "worse" strikers seem to score goals in objectively worse teams. Would seem to suggest that we can get better than him as well as the other way around.

I agree with you that if Dom doesn't want to extend he needs to be pushed out of the door for a return.

Why should we want to sell Branthwaite? His contract has another 3 years on it and he is one of our better players.

These sales only make sense when you operate under the assumption that however we use any money we get in return for those players will be spent wisely on better players. We all know that's not guaranteed.
Fixing the recruitment imo should be viewed separately from selling players because of the financial side.

The Beto signing was bad but it shouldn’t stop you from selling DCL.

Right but the thing is we should want to sell Dom.

Given our finances and the quality of our team we should want to sell everyone frankly.
We want to sell them both, but we also want their worth.

If nobody matches what the club, not you, not me, what the club thinks they are worth.

I think the club values them around 100m, 70/30. If nobody matches that, I think they both stay.

You would sell both for 70m, I don't agree, that's fine. We find out what the club thinks in the next 7 weeks.

I personally would sell Dom for whatever,I just want him to move on be happy somewhere else.

Poor lad.

Pocketing his 100k a week from the club that showed him patience and gave him plenty of opportunities to grow into a premier league player.

My heart aches for his suffering.
You don't understand Jake, you think money fixes everything.

He can earn 100k at a club that doesn't boo him.

We want to sell them both, but we also want their worth.

If nobody matches what the club, not you, not me, what the club thinks they are worth.

I think the club values them around 100m, 70/30. If nobody matches that, I think they both stay.

You would sell both for 70m, I don't agree, that's fine. We find out what the club thinks in the next 7 weeks.

I personally would sell Dom for whatever,I just want him to move on be happy somewhere else.
People say this a lot but properly valuing the players and selling them when an appropriate deal can be made is a big part of the job! It’s not good enough to not sell players because we “think” they should go for more.

Oh I know, was just curious who you were overvaluing the most.

It should realistically cost them like 70m total. Not sure why they’d even want Dom though.
70 is low. Branthwaite is 65 min. Dcl is a 15-25 mil - will struggle to be a first team player at the teams he wants to join though

People say this a lot but properly valuing the players and selling them when an appropriate deal can be made is a big part of the job! It’s not good enough to not sell players because we “think” they should go for more.
It's about bidness bruh.

There's deals to be had, but you sit down at 40 and settle for 30. You don't sit down at 20 hoping for 25.

You don't understand Jake, you think money fixes everything.

He can earn 100k at a club that doesn't boo him.

If he's looking for a club that will shower him with praise for struggling to keep fit, chipping in with some headers and 5-7 goals a season, and will happily pay him 100k a week for that I think it's not a mystery why we aren't reading about a bidding war for his signature right now.

But he got booed one day, so never mind that we gave him an opportunity in the premier league, made him a starting striker here after Lukaku despite him being nowhere near that standard besides an 18 month period which saw him rewarded with a contract that made him one of the highest paid players at the club.

Yeah, he's been treated terribly here. We are so cruel.

If he wants to have a big cry over people expressing their frustration and assume it was a personal attack (like you and his other superfans do) rather than accepting it was just frustration that it looked like our highly paid starting striker was going off with one of his famous muscle twinges that plagued the previous two relegation battle seasons then he's welcome to take himself elsewhere.

This narrative that he's been treated terribly here is so tiresome.

If he's looking for a club that will shower him with praise for struggling to keep fit, chipping in with some headers and 5-7 goals a season, and will happily pay him 100k a week for that I think it's not a mystery why we aren't reading about a bidding war for his signature right now.

But he got booed one day, so never mind that we gave him an opportunity in the premier league, made him a starting striker here after Lukaku despite him being nowhere near that standard besides an 18 month period which saw him rewarded with a contract that made him one of the highest paid players at the club.

Yeah, he's been treated terribly here. We are so cruel.

If he wants to have a big cry over people expressing their frustration and assume it was a personal attack (like you and his other superfans do) rather than accepting it was just frustration that it looked like our highly paid starting striker was going off with one of his famous muscle twinges that plagued the previous two relegation battle seasons then he's welcome to take himself elsewhere.

This narrative that he's been treated terribly here is so tiresome.
It might be tiresome to you mate and that's fine, I hear it on here and I hear it at Goodison, it's real.

He's not crying about anything, he was full of praise for the club in May.

I'm just giving my view about a player I like and I want him to leave so I don't have to read and listen to the mindless abuse he takes.

I'm a snowflake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.