2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

We were crap without him, and much better when he was in the team. I know that because I saw the performances, over the last few years.
You think we have been crap just because we had DCL upfront? Seriously?
Not solely because of it but how many successful teams in the top half are building around a striker who scores 1-in-4?

The answer is none of them.

Not solely because of it but how many successful teams in the top half are building around a striker who scores 1-in-4?

The answer is none of them.
We've barely been in the top three quarters the last 3 seasons, let alone the top half. Unless you can suggest any 1 goal in 2 or 3 strikers who we could have signed for peanuts (given our ffp situation) and who would come to a team fighting relegation? A 1 in 4 striker is exactly where we are at as a club, and personally I am glad we had the lad on board.

I think if there was a list titled 'Everton crap first first team players' from this last 3 years, DCL wouldn't be in the top 20. Soz lid, but suggesting we're a crap team because of him is laughable.

We want to sell them both, but we also want their worth.

If nobody matches what the club, not you, not me, what the club thinks they are worth.

I think the club values them around 100m, 70/30. If nobody matches that, I think they both stay.

You would sell both for 70m, I don't agree, that's fine. We find out what the club thinks in the next 7 weeks.

I personally would sell Dom for whatever,I just want him to move on be happy somewhere else.
After the last three seasons, and with the finances seeming to not require a sale it won't surprise me to see both of them here next season. The board will hopefully see survival as the key goal with all else being a bonus - until the ship has been steadied.

We've barely been in the top three quarters the last 3 seasons, let alone the top half. Unless you can suggest any 1 goal in 2 or 3 strikers who we could have signed for peanuts (given our ffp situation) and who would come to a team fighting relegation? A 1 in 4 striker is exactly where we are at as a club, and personally I am glad we had the lad on board.

I think if there was a list titled 'Everton crap first first team players' from this last 3 years, DCL wouldn't be in the top 20. Soz lid, but suggesting we're a crap team because of him is laughable.
Again, were we down that low because our main man was scoring 4, 5, and 7 goals over those seasons?

I'd say that probably had something to do with it. We weren't a bottom half team when he was scoring double figures, he stops scoring double figures and we slide down the table. Chicken and the egg.

I'm not suggesting we were a crap team because of him. I'm simply pointing out that ANY team who's top goal scorer bags 7 at most a season is going to be struggling.

I think if he doesn't get a move this summer he will sign the contract. If the takeover goes through it might sway him and it's too much of a gamble for him to go into the season counting down the last year of his contract. Not ideal for planning for the season ahead though
It's not a gamble for him at all to count down his contract, just us.

They still havent replaced Kane, dont want Richarlison, and still owe us £30m.

Seems ideal.
And we still owe them 20 odd million for Dele. I loved Richy but let’s have it right he’s another one. Left thinking the grass is greener and they don’t rate him there whereas we all loved him here. Dcl will 100% be the same. He will prob leave us and go to someone like Newcastle or West Ham and they will hate him there. Only Everton fans put up with the crap we get served because we want players to do so well for us.

It's not a gamble for him at all to count down his contract, just us.
Injuries can happen to any player in the final year of the contract. I just think it's alot more of a risk for DCL with his injury history in previous seasons even though season gone by has been alot better injury wise for him but if he breaks down again with injuries next season probably the best offer he can get is the supposed one currently on the table now.

Injuries can happen to any player in the final year of the contract. I just think it's alot more of a risk for DCL with his injury history in previous seasons even though season gone by has been alot better injury wise for him but if he breaks down again with injuries next season probably the best offer he can get is the supposed one currently on the table now.
Hasn’t done Dele Alli any harm. He’s effectively out of contract and we’re falling over ourselves to throw money at him. Rest assured he’ll be looking for £100k a week and getting it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.