2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate am married to my employers daughter...how do you think I feel.

I get it at work and at home.
In theory - pretty good, well according to Roy Orbison anyway

"...Well the boss man's daughter sneaks me water
Every time her daddy's down the line
She says meet me tonight love a me right
And everything is gonna be fine
So I slave all day without much pay
And I'm just biding my time
'Cause the company and the daughter, you see
They're both gonna be all mine."

Then I'll be 'The Ma-aaan',
I'm gonna be the Ma-aan

Hes prob not worth it, but its cheaper then buying a replacement and paying the wages anyway - that would be the clubs thinking.
If he has rejected it and not discussing, then I really hope we have pulled that amazing offer.

I would then be ensuring we are pushing Chermiti and Beto to be starting strikers this season and leave DCL to rot on the bench.

I wouldn't want to be relying on basically someone who sees their future elsewhere!

If he has rejected it and not discussing, then I really hope we have pulled that amazing offer.

I would then be ensuring we are pushing Chermiti and Beto to be starting strikers this season and leave DCL to rot on the bench.

I wouldn't want to be relying on basically someone who sees their future elsewhere!

I think we have to have our own deadline mate, he might be playing us and others with unrealistic demands and the idea is to run down his contract, in that case we damage his brand to reduce his earning potential to encourage him to move. At least that's how id play it.

Mate am married to my employers daughter...how do you think I feel.

I get it at work and at home.
Is it you Dave?
1487841_1~2.webp

Apparently we offered 130k a week, hes looking for 160k on the market.

That will come down - i have no doubt, simply bananas.
If that’s what we have offered him and he’s refused it I hope that offer is no longer on the table and I’d rather he left on a free than pay him £130k per week cheeky so and so.

I'm a Dom fan but he's nowhere near good enough to demand high high wages, even more so given we stood by him for two years, a bit unappreciative but He doesn't want to play for fans who abuse him I guess.
Really can't blame him on that latter point.

The abuse he got for sustaining a broken cheekbone was nuts. Not sure I'd get over that if I were in his position.

Really can't blame him on that latter point.

The abuse he got for sustaining a broken cheekbone was nuts. Not sure I'd get over that if I were in his position.
I think the way people keep saying that is a bit silly there was a bad reaction to him going off injured because there had been a lot of fuss made about getting him fit and him having this special training plan that meant he couldn't play in the first game and then he went off injured in the second game with an injury that the people watching in the stands couldn't see so assumed was a repeat of the same things he'd missed a lot of games with. Its not like people knew what had happened and just booed him off anyway.

I think the way people keep saying that is a bit silly there was a bad reaction to him going off injured because there had been a lot of fuss made about getting him fit and him having this special training plan that meant he couldn't play in the first game and then he went off injured in the second game with an injury that the people watching in the stands couldn't see so assumed was a repeat of the same things he'd missed a lot of games with. It’s not like people knew what had happened and just booed him off anyway.
I don’t get why you’d boo any players who have got injured, regardless of injury history.

I'm a Dom fan but he's nowhere near good enough to demand high high wages, even more so given we stood by him for two years, a bit unappreciative but He doesn't want to play for fans who abuse him I guess.

For someone who's got 8 goals in open play in 3 years he's probably had the easiest ride of any forward in Europe. Nobody abuses him. The thing at villa is no reflection whatsoever of how he's treated at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back