2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get why you’d boo any players who have got injured, regardless of injury history.
Well I wouldn't do it myself I'm just saying its not quite the same as people are making it sound like. You could say players shouldn't get booed for anything or have stuff shouted at them at the game when you think about it it seems weird to do any of those things but thats what happens and it would be the same at any club he went to so its not really a reason to leave.

I'm a Dom fan but he's nowhere near good enough to demand high high wages, even more so given we stood by him for two years, a bit unappreciative but He doesn't want to play for fans who abuse him I guess.
He probably wants that much cos he knows with how prone to injuries he is he’s one injury from the knackers yard. If he gets a high paying contract locked in now he’s at least guaranteed that money for that period

I think the way people keep saying that is a bit silly there was a bad reaction to him going off injured because there had been a lot of fuss made about getting him fit and him having this special training plan that meant he couldn't play in the first game and then he went off injured in the second game with an injury that the people watching in the stands couldn't see so assumed was a repeat of the same things he'd missed a lot of games with. Its not like people knew what had happened and just booed him off anyway.
Turning anger on an injured player is what's "a bit silly," not pointing out that these fans were idiots for doing so.

No one was more upset than he was, but sure - boo and throw abuse at him anyway.

Turning anger on an injured player is what's "a bit silly," not pointing out that these fans were idiots for doing so.

No one was more upset than he was, but sure - boo and throw abuse at him anyway.
I’ve already said I wouldn’t do it myself but the point was people keep saying it was disgraceful to boo him when he’d broke his cheekbone and as true as it might be the context of it is very important and that context is that people didn’t know what had happened so the truth isn’t quite as bad as the story sounds when you say it without context.

I’ve already said I wouldn’t do it myself but the point was people keep saying it was disgraceful to boo him when he’d broke his cheekbone and as true as it might be the context of it is very important and that context is that people didn’t know what had happened so the truth isn’t quite as bad as the story sounds when you say it without context.
You'd have to be a shimmering tower of idiocy to think "he's pretending to be injured."

You'd have to be a shimmering tower of idiocy to think "he's pretending to be injured."
Its not about thinking he was pretending though is it it was frustration at him going off in his first game of the season after missing 40 odd games in the last 2 seasons but actually Dyche and Lampard had both suggested in interviews that they thought he could physically play and there was a mental aspect to him not doing it so in a way some people were probably thinking oh here we go again. I only replied because your post said he was booed FOR breaking his cheek which just clearly wasn't true if people knew he'd broken his cheek they wouldn't have booed him so it makes what you actually said wrong it wasn't FOR that at all and that context is important whether you like it or not.

Its not about thinking he was pretending though is it it was frustration at him going off in his first game of the season after missing 40 odd games in the last 2 seasons but actually Dyche and Lampard had both suggested in interviews that they thought he could physically play and there was a mental aspect to him not doing it so in a way some people were probably thinking oh here we go again. I only replied because your post said he was booed FOR breaking his cheek which just clearly wasn't true if people knew he'd broken his cheek they wouldn't have booed him so it makes what you actually said wrong it wasn't FOR that at all and that context is important whether you like it or not.
How is it so hard to understand that taking it out on the player is just plain wrong?

It’s beyond dumb. He was clearly battered in that match. Anyone with a brain cell could see it was a serious injury and anyone with half a brain cell knows it wasn’t his fault.

If you can’t see that, I’ve got nothing else for you.

Hahahaha

Well what I mean is, he doesn't seem massively delusional, but asking for 160k is massively delusional, I don't think he should he on half of that.
Only pulling your leg mate.

It's his last big contract so he's going look to maximise and get every penny he can get.

The ship has sailed as far as he's concerned,he wants out finding a club who willing to pay us and him what we both want is going to be tricky.

The villa game was an isolated incident nobody should be proud of.
He doesnt get boo'd or abused at any game. Its a crock of sh!t to suggest he's abused in general at this club.

How is it so hard to understand that taking it out on the player is just plain wrong?

It’s beyond dumb. He was clearly battered in that match. Anyone with a brain cell could see it was a serious injury and anyone with half a brain cell knows it wasn’t his fault.

If you can’t see that, I’ve got nothing else for you.
Its not hard to understand at all which is why i've acknowledged it in every post saying I wouldn't do it myself! You seem to be finding it very hard to understand that what I said was silly was saying he was abused FOR breaking his cheekbone because that just isn't what happened and it makes the situation sound a lot worse than it was. I was at the game in the home end and it wasn't that clear from the stands what had happened you could see he'd taken a knock but not that it was that bad people were not booing him knowing that he was seriously hurt thats alls i'm saying.

Hahahaha

Well what I mean is, he doesn't seem massively delusional, but asking for 160k is massively delusional, I don't think he should he on half of that.

He will prob get that or close to the equivalent on a free though. Short sighted though as he will be punted just after that, that's the only attraction to getting him, so its money or a career that's the choice. Newcastle may be an opportunity for him, but that's only because they are dancing with PSR - that has a shelf life to.

Its simply everyone looking after themselves, he wants the best wedge, we want the best wedge if hes not signing. Thats the game, he will protect himself, we will want to protect the club. I dont rEally blame anyone - its a game of self interest. Its very rare players have a genuine affection for A club, DCL doesnt - never has in my opinion, i see a big difference in him and how he feels about the club compared to someone like Richarlison. Thats fair enough, its not essential - as fans we need to get out of the head space of a right to treat Players like Employees like Dele when things haven't gone well and then expect them to be fans of the club when they have like DCL - its not reality really.

The game now is forget DCL unless he signs - the one thing i never get is fans siding with the player - we dont deserve him - its a good move for them etc. Forget that, after a point it all about protecting the club and the clubs interest - why would you side with a player......

The game here should be you give him until about now or the next week to decide, if not you circulate his name to other clubs with what you would accept and see what happens. You also say to him you can come do preseason, but your not playing, we are moving on and planning with someone who is going to be here for five years. If he sits here on his hands and no profile for a year and is turning 28 half when his contract runs out, his bargaining power in terms of 160k or even 130k, takes a battering.

That's the game, that will be a foot.

To my mind the most like likely scenario is he drops his wage demands and moves. He will resign if someone will only go to a max of less then we have offered.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back