2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it so hard to understand that taking it out on the player is just plain wrong?

It’s beyond dumb. He was clearly battered in that match. Anyone with a brain cell could see it was a serious injury and anyone with half a brain cell knows it wasn’t his fault.

If you can’t see that, I’ve got nothing else for you.
I agree that booing him when he got injured was stupid, but there was also already some friction between himself and the fans. He had made previous comments about not having his own song. You can say he was joking, but there's at least a little truth in every jest.
I think for one reason or another he feels that he should be more loved by the fanbase like Richy was or how Beto immediately came in and had a song. Of course this feeling only deepened when he was booed off for the cheek fracture.

I don't think Dom has any love for EFC because he never felt he was loved at EFC, so he's looking for an exit.
I hope for our sake and his, he finds something this window. We can get a lump of profit to reinvest and he can move on to a club where he might get the appreciation he thinks he deserves.

I agree that booing him when he got injured was stupid, but there was also already some friction between himself and the fans. He had made previous comments about not having his own song. You can say he was joking, but there's at least a little truth in every jest.
I think for one reason or another he feels that he should be more loved by the fanbase like Richy was or how Beto immediately came in and had a song. Of course this feeling only deepened when he was booed off for the cheek fracture.

I don't think Dom has any love for EFC because he never felt he was loved at EFC, so he's looking for an exit.
I hope for our sake and his, he finds something this window. We can get a lump of profit to reinvest and he can move on to a club where he might get the appreciation he thinks he deserves.
I just don't see this at all.

What I do see is a lot of irrationality where DCL is concerned.

He wants more money and a more stable situation, that's why he wants to leave. Everything else is irrelevant.

He wants more money and a more stable situation, that's why he wants to leave. Everything else is irrelevant.
He definitely thinks he's not appreciated enough he's made a number of comments which suggest thats the case. I'm sure thats not the main reason he wants to leave but its not irrelevant.

At this point just imagine if we did offer £160k wages to DCL and he signed.

I think most players would be asking for pay increases & most fans wouldnt take kindly to him or the club.

He definitely thinks he's not appreciated enough he's made a number of comments which suggest thats the case. I'm sure thats not the main reason he wants to leave but its not irrelevant.

If Newcastle offered 150k and we offered 160k, he'd be an Everton player. That's what matters.

fair enough
But it's a bit poor that he hasn't got a song. 8 years. Some memorable and important goals in there too
Even a noise that's his would have done, Utd used to just shout 'RUUUUUUUUD' for van nistelroy

It must wind him up hearing 'Beto, Beto' for getting subbed on

oh come on mate haha

loads of players over the years haven't had songs,

did cahill have one? jags? pickford doesnt etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back