2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been here before with this. He's celebrated in front of Everton fans many times since then. If he wanted to make a point im sure he would of.
Its being blown out of proportion by a few on this forum who cant wait to jump on the calvert lewin is treated badly at this club bandwagon.
He prob wants to leave because he thinks he can do better. Thats his choice. No problem with that.
Now that will be a painful pill to swallow If he doesn't get a move.

Boooooooooooooooooooo 😵‍💫
IMG_8803.webp

Been here before with this. He's celebrated in front of Everton fans many times since then. If he wanted to make a point im sure he would of.
Its being blown out of proportion by a few on this forum who cant wait to jump on the calvert lewin is treated badly at this club bandwagon.
He prob wants to leave because he thinks he can do better. Thats his choice. No problem with that.
I genuinely think he would stay (and might yet) if they were some indication that the club wasn’t living on the cusp of imploding indefinitely.
If there was indications Friedkin was close to a buy out and there were assurances over the future plans (which may be happening behind the scenes) he may well sign up again.
Personally like him, accept he brings a bit more to the team than a meagre goal return, but by the same token don’t think he’s irreplaceable.

He may just want to stay and see how we're doing at Christmas before deciding next steps. Not the best thing for us as a club in terms of cashing in if we need to, but nothing wrong with that from his perspective.

I'd imagine this was done weeks ago.
No doubt, but if he’s determined he’s off I’d be suprised if he came to an unwavering decision in the last 3 weeks.
If he knew at the end of last season I’d be equally suprised if he allowed himself to be in them, or if the club allowed it unless they are prepared to keep him to the end of his contract.
If both parties knew and were perusing an out for him, can’t see him being featured tbh.
Someone paying the alleged £30m+ no doubt would have changed minds though.

I genuinely think he would stay (and might yet) if they were some indication that the club wasn’t living on the cusp of imploding indefinitely.
If there was indications Friedkin was close to a buy out and there were assurances over the future plans (which may be happening behind the scenes) he may well sign up again.
Personally like him, accept he brings a bit more to the team than a meagre goal return, but by the same token don’t think he’s irreplaceable.
There was a report last week or so stating pretty much this. That his apprehension about a new deal is due to uncertainty at the club. I’ll see if I can find it

@Bedfordblue found it.

In the times a few weeks ago.

“Calvert-Lewin is not minded to sign a new deal while there is uncertainty at the top of the club, with the Friedkin Group doing due diligence after being granted exclusivity by the owner, Farhad Moshiri, to buy his shareholding. A takeover is not considered to be a formality, with due diligence offering the American group plenty to consider."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back