2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
200w.gif

Not worth 37 pence on that first half showing.

That's the thing...I am sure the new Everton contract on the table must be on par with pickford (130k/week), but don't see any other team willing to match that unless he goes on a free where he would pocket a signing bonus which will compensate for the lower wages. However he only needs to have an injury pack season to put all of it at risk. DCL doesn't lack self belief, so he may risk it until next season...

That's the thing...I am sure the new Everton contract on the table must be on par with pickford (130k/week), but don't see any other team willing to match that unless he goes on a free where he would pocket a signing bonus which will compensate for the lower wages. However he only needs to have an injury pack season to put all of it at risk. DCL doesn't lack self belief, so he may risk it until next season...

Im still unsure of his motivation to leave.

Cant be the money or being first choice.

Must be either a european move or less games on his body as a squad player at a top club

Id guess at least.

I don't think there will be a club out there that will gamble on him for anywhere close to £30 million or pay him what the dullards at Everton are willing to give him.
In my opinion he'll play out this next year on his contract and leave for free. If he's free, he might get something approaching his reported wage demands.

It's a shame, because if Everton were asking for a sensible fee, and he had realistic wage demands it would be win-win for everyone. More likely is DCL gets mostly what he wants next year and Everton get nothing.

Im still unsure of his motivation to leave.

Cant be the money or being first choice.

Must be either a european move or less games on his body as a squad player at a top club

Id guess at least.
His motivation to leave.. hmmmm everton have been an mess for years. Worst run club in the league by an absolute mile. If i were him at this point, id leave to play anywhere. There is no real potential at everton, we have very little money, if any, run by a charlatan, the manager has no clue how to attack, weve carp players all over the place, little sign of improvement in the short, medium or long term..

Aren't many clubs outside the elite willing to spend that sort on weekly wages, and he ain't going to be first choice signing for the elite teams either.

I can see this going right to the end of the window.

I’ve always thought he takes a huge gamble on his fitness this season if he wants to leave on a free. Say he stays fit but can’t score again and gets benched a few times for Chermo. He will be a year older looking at a new contract probably £50k less a week than we have offered. Leaving next year as a strategy to get more cash makes little sense, unless he has his best ever season for us.

Mid 20’s Dom missed pretty much 2 seasons to a succession of compensatory injuries that were a nightmare to get sorted. Whoever offers him 3 year a contract next summer will factor in they will be paying him that salary when he is 31. He’s playing a 23 year olds strategy as an injury prone 27 year old. Risky.

Would seem he just wants a change in location, lifestyle, expectation levels etc The clubs able to pay him £130k he probably doesn’t play every week. The clubs where he could become a focal point and hero for won’t/can’t play close to that. Yet after a good game he has Dyche telling him “that’s how you get back in the England reckoning.”

As we saw yesterday, literally anything can happen at Everton, and usually it brings more uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back