2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could be lucky with DCL if Dyche can unlock some attacking play that suits him, while Beto and Chermiti push him to play better. I can't see any club that would be able to give DCL any proper career progression now, because the 2nd tier Champions League clubs won't really look at him now with his recent scoring record, and he need 2 seasons of consistency to really attract a big club. I would love to see 2 up front, but the best season we had from DCL was simple - King Carlo unlocked some simple tactics to play to his abilities. Now we have to find a way of doing something similar, but with other players and a different approach.
Problem is I think he wants off otherwise he would have signed already, and he wants huge wages though so he either signs(which doesn't look likely) or is sold sadly in our financial position we can't throw away the 20m plus we might get for him. As for who buys him Wrst Ham or Newcastle probably

Brentford have had to drop their price for Toney as they are getting no takers, suggestions that the gambling thing is putting people off.

DCL + Maupay for him would be ideal. All 3 only have a year left on their contracts.

They signed Igor didnt they so perhaps they solely want cash?

DCL + Maupay for him would be ideal. All 3 only have a year left on their contracts.

They signed Igor didnt they so perhaps they solely want cash?
Atill think they will see maupay as an option at the end of the window if thye can sell toney and get him at a cheaper price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back