2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His value with a year remaining is about £15m I reckon. He'd have a lot of takers on a free transfer and would be a great squad option for most squads outside of the Sky teams.

Normally he'd command a wage of about £75k a week, around £4m a year there or thereabouts, so if somebody bought him now it'd be an investment of about £27m all in on a three-year deal.

Teams might as well wait 12 months, get him for free, and he'll be able to get £100k I reckon, about £16m investment over three years for teams which barely gets you a decent Championship strikers nowadays. I imagine he'd do well as a squad option at Palace, Fulham, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves, etc.
United have just allowed us to double that value with them signing Yoro with a year left on his deal

His value with a year remaining is about £15m I reckon. He'd have a lot of takers on a free transfer and would be a great squad option for most squads outside of the Sky teams.

Normally he'd command a wage of about £75k a week, around £4m a year there or thereabouts, so if somebody bought him now it'd be an investment of about £27m all in on a three-year deal.

Teams might as well wait 12 months, get him for free, and he'll be able to get £100k I reckon, about £16m investment over three years for teams which barely gets you a decent Championship strikers nowadays. I imagine he'd do well as a squad option at Palace, Fulham, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves, etc.
I don’t know whether to be annoyed at him or not for the situation. I think the clubs you mention are likely his level. But do you think he wants to be a squad option? I reckon he still has total belief he should be in the England squad, rightly or wrongly. He’d start for us every week. Can’t see him engineering a move to be a rotation player as he is too confident.

Plus, I think while players on frees can negotiate higher salaries, are Palace paying £100k for a squad option when Mateta is on £50k? They’d be paying Dom £100k when he is turning 31. The other players won’t accept the “he had no transfer fee.” They will all want £100k too so it blows their structure.

I think he is playing a game that he has every right to, and thousands of players have before. But there is too much stacked against him so it’s really weird. Long term injuries, big periods of good play but zero goals, and an awkward age meaning he could be a £100k passenger toward the end of his next contract.

Its a stalemate as he hasn’t got the options to break out of the situation, and we haven’t got the finances to just lob another massive contract at him, even though the amount we would spend on that contract probably won’t buy us a suitable replacement even if they were willing to come to Exclusivity Period FC.

Someone needs to make a decisive move. Doing ok this window so far. Can’t let this ruin it.

I don’t know whether to be annoyed at him or not for the situation. I think the clubs you mention are likely his level. But do you think he wants to be a squad option? I reckon he still has total belief he should be in the England squad, rightly or wrongly. He’d start for us every week. Can’t see him engineering a move to be a rotation player as he is too confident.
I think you’re spot on about this. What everyone seems to forget is that the most respected manager we’ve had since HK, Ancelotti, had that confidence in him and helped DCL shape his game to bang in the goals for a season.

He’s going to carry that with him for the rest of his career - “Carlo believed in me and I proved him right” - so he’s never going to accept playing second fiddle, irrespective of his performances or injuries since, if he’s at any club other than the top CL teams.

For the past 3 years he has probably spent more time off the pitch than on it
He has offered zero when on the pitch for 80% of that time
He is unreliable in terms of form and fitness

We should get rid, 3 or 4 vital goals and a handful of good performances dont warrant or justify a new improved offer.
Tired of hearing excuses for him week in week out.
"On his day he is a handful"
"Not fit"
"Not match fit"
"His Confidence is shot"

SELL!!

What a mess this is….
For the very reasons he should sign a new contract, other Clubs aren’t exactly scrapping for his signature, which are his injury record and an inconsistent performances and goal returns.
As usual here’s a player who’s been ill-advised.
If only he had taken the view to repay the Club’s (and supporters) loyalty, sign an extension to his current deal and have a good season. That way he could get his move next summer, a pay rise and generate a sizeable transfer fee for Everton in the process and everyone wins.
Now he’s shown his cards, there is not a bidding war and many of the fan base want him gone… when will they learn.?!

The fee and wages that are being talked about are crazy. He wouldn't be worth that with five years left on his contract.

Makes me wonder what a Paul Kitson, Dean Holdsworth or Egil Ostenstad would go for these days.

What a mess this is….
For the very reasons he should sign a new contract, other Clubs aren’t exactly scrapping for his signature, which are his injury record and an inconsistent performances and goal returns.
As usual here’s a player who’s been ill-advised.
If only he had taken the view to repay the Club’s (and supporters) loyalty, sign an extension to his current deal and have a good season. That way he could get his move next summer, a pay rise and generate a sizeable transfer fee for Everton in the process and everyone wins.
Now he’s shown his cards, there is not a bidding war and many of the fan base want him gone… when will they learn.?!
I think personally he should sign a new contract and work hard this season. If he bangs 20 goals and does well then he has earned a move, right now, he hasn’t earned it. If he wants to move to London, as someone suggested in here because he’s based from there, then he will end up at someone like Fulham, Brentford or West Ham. Everton should maybe be looking at Toney and offering DCL and say 30m.

I think personally he should sign a new contract and work hard this season. If he bangs 20 goals and does well then he has earned a move, right now, he hasn’t earned it. If he wants to move to London, as someone suggested in here because he’s based from there, then he will end up at someone like Fulham, Brentford or West Ham. Everton should maybe be looking at Toney and offering DCL and say 30m.

Brentford couldn’t afford his daft wage demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back